Equestrian
About Van Buren State Park
Van Buren State Park is located in Ohio
6 Reviews of Van Buren State Park
Great for Tents, RVs and Horses

I love this place. Its a smaller campground with only two loops of sites, but its flat, shaded, and comfortable. No showers, but clean and sturdy pit toilets with centralized well water..

Quiet campground

We stayed during the week for one night. Campground was clean and quiet, had electric hookups at most sites. Host was very friendly. They also have a camp area for horses. Only criticism is you have to drive to another area of the park for an RV dump.

Fair campground

Campground is small but well maintained. Hiking is great. Probably better for people with horses. Electric did not work at all sites. Pit toilets did not seem sufficient for all camp sites.

Quiet

Since Van Buren State park is an easy 20 minutes away from home for me, i visit there often. it is clean and quiet, they dont get too busy and loud. the horse camp is nice with some new pens to keep your horse instead of them having to be tied up. They keep the restrooms clean, but no flush toilets, which dont bother me. My only complaint about Van Buren State park is that there are no shower facilities.

Van Buren

I came cross country skiing here in early January and it was absolutely amazing. It is cold but the terrain is simple for first time skiers.

A gem in Northwest Ohio

Van Buren State Park is very easy to access from I-75. It has tons of trails and a pond. There are a few places to car camp or RV camp nearby. I love getting out of town and visiting Van Buren State Park, and I have lots of good memories. It gets 4 stars because I now live in Montana and Montana camping outshines Ohio, but I can't bash on Van Buren State Park at all.