Judson , NORTH DAKOTA

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Judson Camping Reviews
SO MUCH HISTORY

Cross Ranch State Park, ND

This campground was CROWDED. Every spot was full. That being said it was not loud, just a low mumble :) of fellow campers. The spots, well they were close but situated in a way that you weren’t sitting staring at your neighbor. There were trees and foliage between the rows so it was comfortable. The showers were in the front office so like a half mile walk from my site. They were clean and well maintained. The trails were close by though. A scenic walk along the River where Lewis and Clark traveled. Cool stuff. Up the road was a extremely interesting, National Historic Site we visited. I didn’t but I imagine fishing was good and of course water travel. The staff was friendly and Informative. Good campground to visit.

Clean truth here!

The camp around this area is very plain. And when I’m mean plain I mean the GREAAAT Plains! We had a whole bunch of fun learning about the camp and General Custard. There is a bunch of history and many happy faces in this area. Everything you would need here is only a stone throw away. We enjoyed all the surround community and the bike/hiking trails the most.

If I were to do one thing over, I would have stayed here for more than 4 days. Much to do and see.

Space—-and lots of it!

I throughly enjoyed this park. Very affordable and plenty of room between campers. We had so much fun riding bike and viewing the river!

We viewed the Custard House and it was very interesting as well, it’s a must see!

This site was very quiet and the park rangers are always patrolling it felt very safe here.

Lots of activities and history for your stay!

Another well maintained campground and even better state park with tons of different things to do with the entire family. For the campground there are tons of trees that offer great shade and trails for walking. The shower house is very clean and felt"modern" for a state park. If you like history and camping this is your spot.

Check out our blog at www.unnamedadventures.com and follow our journey on Facebook and Instagram or on our YouTube Channel at Unnamed Adventures.

Beautiful, Quiet, Historical

This was our maiden voyage in our first camper! South loop Campsite 36 was easy to park. Our electrical and water hookups were close. Dump station was easy. We were right next to comfort station which was well maintained. Kid Park was new and close to our site. There was lots of bike and walking trails. Since you are a state park expect fees but I think it helped keep the park quiet. It is right along the river and in walking distance to the forts, museum, historic Indian village, train ride and trails. Great for families of all ages!

Beautiful site

Amazing site. Clean, friendly staff, private, walking paths are amazing and beautiful

Nice next to the river spot

Has electric and primitive both priced decent has nice tree coverage and is next to the river and has some spot where you can go in the river at

Very private!

When I go camping I love having trees and the water near and this spot has both! Has a walking path mowed down for walk and also has play grounds for the kids and restrooms and water spikets through out. The only down fall is that it's a national park so on top of the camping you have to pay for your vehicle just to enter… other then that very beautiful! Some spots are harder to back into as well.

Beautiful N.D campground

First visit here, nice campground and layout. Park staff was very nice and friendly. Beautiful views of Missouri River. We stayed in the TeePee this visit but plan on coming back for tent camping. Only complaints were the long haul from the parking area, the vaulted toilets smelt very bad but could of been from the heat! (Vaulted toilet, no sink) And the bugs!!! Tons of flying ants and ticks everywhere, but we managed!

Great Family Campground near Bismarck

Very nice campground right on the Missouri River. Lots of walking/bike trails, playground for kids and places to fish on the river. Some pull through and other shared campsites share a water source so make sure to bring a water splitter as sometimes there is not one on the spigot and campground does not always have extras! Plenty of space between campers. Lots of young families RV camping here.