The best BOAT IN camping near
Rural Hall , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Rural Hall Camping Reviews
Great Adventure in SW Virginia

This weekend was a great adventure in SW Virginia. We stayed in a Yurt. It has no electricity or water but the bath house was close. The yurt has a double bed, a twin trundle, a couch and some chairs, and a table and chairs. It also has a large wrap around deck with rocking chairs. A picnic table, lamp post, and fire ring are also provided at the site. We hunted and found fairy stones which made the trip that much more fun. It was just after covid 19 started and lessening restrictions began so the beach was closed and there were few people at the campground but we had a great time riding bikes and hiking. We even went to the Creeper Trail and rode our bikes from White Top to Damascus.

Nice, small campground on the Dan River

Nice level sites, some open, some wooded, but most are fairly close. Several full-time residents, but mostly for campers. We were in site 23, which was wooded, so we had no satellite coverage. It was 30A/FHU. OTA TV is pretty decent with an omni antenna. Campground WiFi reached 0.85 MB/s, but data rates seemed to vary greatly, and often dropped to zero. AT&T had 2 bars and 3.5 MB/s w/o a booster, 4 bars and 4.9 MB/s with it. There is a nice 1 mile loop trail around the property. Campground was about 2/3 full. They also put up Halloween decorations around the whole campground, complete with a grave yard by the bath house, a really nice touch.

Great place!!

Great spot for tent camping! Loved the hillside spots bc of all the trees and the multiple levels that the spots are on. They are all built out and flat. Bathrooms are clean and campground was quiet. I had issues finding out if pets were allowed… they are! My dog and I had an awesome time and we will be back for sure.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.

Lovely Campground with COE reliability

We always enjoy staying at Corp campgrounds when we travel. The sites are consistently level, spacious, with reliable facilities (dumpstation,  electric service, potable water, bath house. And you can always count on a pristine body of water for camping and kayaking. The launch ramp was adjacent to the campsite and while we could have portaged our kayak to the ramp, there is an ample parking lot ramp-side. Philpott reservoir is magnificent! The camp hosts were gracious and extremely helpful in helping us determine the best route from our home. We were only there mid week and it was very quiet.

Unlevel & messy

We made a mistake. My wife and I are moving to North Carolina, and we were looking for a place to stay for a month in the Asheboro area. I checked around and Deep River was the only local campground with long-term sites available, so I made the reservation. The owner, Scott, was very helpful throughout the reservation process and we thought we were going to have a good experience.

When we showed up, Scott met us at the office and he took us to the "most level site" he had available. I was a little concerned from the start because the sewer pipe was sitting at a 45 degree angle and it was half buried in the ground. I had to help dig out the pipe and when I looked inside I noticed the connection was broken and any drainage would  have leached directly into the ground. Additionally, the sewer connection was more than 40 feet from the center of the site and I only carry 30 feet of line, so we had to back way up in order to hook-up. Unfortunately, that meant that our primary slide was within 3 feet of a giant pine tree so there was barely enough room to open it. Another problem with being so far back in the site was how unlevel the camper was. It took a while for me to get the trailer unhitched and by the time I had it nearly level, I had used all of my blocks and the jack was extended to the maximum height. Needless to say, I did not feel very comfortable with the arrangement and I was really starting to question whether or not to stay.

Then I started looking around at the site and there was trash everywhere with broken pieces of metal and half chewed dog bones strewn about. I looked at my wife and I could tell she was not happy. So I got on my phone, called another campground and made reservations. Scott was understanding, he tried to talk us into trying another site but by that time we had decided to move on. I will give Scott credit, he didn't charge us a cancellation fee, so that was good.

A quick note, the WiFi was limited to close to the office and we would have had to pay Spectrum for a monthly internet connection. Also, Verizon cell coverage was weak.

Clean,affordable, and friendly staff

Took a weekend trip to Deep River Campground in Asheboro, NC. Very well kept, level spots, pet friendly, big rig friendly with pull through and back-in sites available. Full hook-ups (50 & 30 amp). Fire pit and picnic tables at each site. About $40 a night, no deposit required. With weekly and monthly rates as well. 2 pools (currently closed due to covid), game room, store, and private pond. Located minutes away from multiple trail heads. We were on lot 20, which is a double space designed for a larger rig, very private with lots of shade.

📷 @packupandgo_rv

Best camping

Give 5 star it’s my 2nd time family and I went we be back again

Beautiful and serene

Very peaceful campgrounds with clean facilities. Good hiking, mostly moderate with gorgeous views from the overlooks.

Well kept campground

Campground had some restrictions in July 2020 due to COVID-19.  Pool was open but restricted to 10 or less at a time.  Playgrounds were closed.  Camp store has essentials (wood, ice, etc.).  Adjacent to campground the owner's have an inner tube rental excursion (Dan River Adventures);  separate from campground.  The electrical and water service was well maintained and functional.  The camp owners will swap out a socket if your outlets need something changed;  best to give them a day to two advance notice.  Most sites have shade but not all.  Bugs and mosquitoes were not that bad despite being close to river.  Very rural area of North Carolina with limited services.  Family friendly camp atmosphere.