Camping in Rudd

230 Reviews of 57 Rudd, North Carolina Campgrounds

Pamela D.
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Fun for our first time

Had fun, although it was our maiden voyage. Spots are very close together but most people are pretty quiet. Has a pool and a fishing pond, however, it was extremely muddy to no fault of theirs.

Elizabeth J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Great staff and large sites

Wonderful staff we were there from Monday (Labor Day) thru Wednesday so very quiet. I understand it is busy on weekends and holidays but we are lucky enough to camp during the week.

Site was large and very level. Bought new Anderson levelers and haven’t even had a chance to use them.

SiteI believe it was site C1. this is a new section.
Sonyia W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Easy quick stop

Restrooms were nice and clean, owner was very sweet, sites good size and those on Loop B were back in and shaded/private.

SiteB2
fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Salthouse branch va

This is a quite place way back in the mountains of Southern Virginia. The roads going into the campground is very narrow and steep up and downs. My breaks were gone by the time I got to the entrance. Mostly boaters go here to camp and mostly locals. The site has water, 50,30,and 110 hookups. No…

KB H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Perfect weekend getaway!

This was my first time ever visiting Eno River State Park. My partner and I camped at Fanny’s Ford at one of the primitive sites. The sites are well spaced but not a lot of privacy. We didn’t mind and everyone was cordial. On Friday there were a few logs left for campers at the entrance to the…

• Site 2 - Eno River at the bottom of the hill
  • Site 2 view from my eno
Site2 and 4
Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Pretty campground, great hiking, lame lake

Nice campground with spacious campground sites. If you like hiking... this park is perfect! Hanging rock is a beautiful spot.. go early cuz it gets busy. Lots of waterfalls as well.

But if you want the lake you’ll have to pay extra per person to use. As well as rent boats & boards...…

Alexei C.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Poor management, complete disaster

First at all do not trust what you see on the reservation page, completely fake! They have their own code book of rules that you will notice it once you are on site. Don’t think that they are going to give you a correct answer to your questions about their policy because each one of the workers…

Siteforest lake rv and camping resort
Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

No alcohol allowed !!

The police visited us bc we were drinking outside of our camper. He was very nice and explained no alcohol allowed. This is clearly stated and we were in the wrong. Spaces are not private but the lake is beautiful. I can see where some people would love this campground. We canoed and that was fun.

C
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Question for previous reviewer

Hi Patrice,

What campsite number is that at Salthouse? Thanks.

bThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Hanging Rock NC

Great open and spacious camping lots in the trees. They are also located along the hiking path for Moore's Wall and a short walk to the beach where you can swim out to a large floating platform or just hang out in the sand.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Beautiful Campground

Wide spaces with lots of room under big shade trees. This campground is a muni but is is very well maintained. It is convenient to the highway, clean bathrooms and next door to a 4 mile paved exercise path with mountain bike trails in the middle.

Michelle I.
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Beautiful park in a beautiful setting

Lots to do here, great trails for hiking. The campground was nice, some spots were more level than others and there wasn’t much screening between sites, but in all the setting was beautiful and the park was worth the visit. The bathhouse was clean . The hot water in the shower wasn’t that hot,…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Eno

Amazing trail in the triangle

Month of VisitFebruary
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Zoo land was amazing

I have stayed here twice now and still love this campground. We explored the creek and walking path. The kids loved the jumping pillow.

Month of VisitNovember
Julie L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2021

Decent Stay

We stayed with family and reserved a cabin. Our two family members reserved two RV sites.

The cabins were wonderful and I would highly recommend them BUT... there is no late check in, and we were not warned of that at all, so when we got in at 10pm no key was left for us to get into our cabin. We…

SiteCabin