Madison , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Madison Camping Reviews
In the shadow of the Great Guide.

Overall this is on the keeper list. I found this campsite on line looking for places to stay while hiking sections of the MST. Took a shot and was very pleased with the result.

The first thing to note is that there are new, larger, spaces in the works closer to the entrance with (what looks to me like) sewer hookups. It is good to know that the owners are making improvements and it might be different when you get here.

I stayed in the wooded lots and these are definitely for tents or small trailers. The spots are nice, if not perfectly level and a little close together. Of course that is really only a problem if you have noisy neighbors, which I didn't. The campground looked full over the weekend but wasn't overly noisy. I attribute that also to the beautiful large open fields where all the all the children ran free.

The bath house was very similar to the standard state park setup. It is a cinder block building with a few shower stalls, toilet stalls and sinks with mirrors. Not fancy but definitely clean and functional.

I would definitely come back again and I recommend this camp ground.

Very Nice Private Campground

We had the opportunity to stay a couple of nights at this campground on our way to the east coast. Wow, getting there was quite a journey over narrow curvy roads but once there it was a nice area. We stayed in a full hookup site 8 on top of a hill overlooking other areas of the park. They have sites for everyone and every type of camping! The grounds are kept mowed and cleaned, ample trash receptacles that are emptied daily and clean bathrooms. The laundry was nice and if you ran low on quarters the campground store would give you quarters in sandwich bags😀. Really enjoyed our stay there and took a day to explore Floyd.

Great place!!

Great spot for tent camping! Loved the hillside spots bc of all the trees and the multiple levels that the spots are on. They are all built out and flat. Bathrooms are clean and campground was quiet. I had issues finding out if pets were allowed… they are! My dog and I had an awesome time and we will be back for sure.

The COE did camping right

Love this campground. Located on the shore of Philpott Resevoir in Bassett, VA. The campground is broken up into three separate loops: a, b and c. Loop a has 19 sites with water and electric hookup. This loop is a little distance from the lake. It has a restroom but no shower house. There is a shower house located closer to loop b. Loop b has 10 non-electric sites. Loop c is located on a peninsula and offers 34 sites, many of which are lake front sites. There is a nice swimming area, boat ramp and dock in the loop. There is also a second shower house located here. Facilities are very nice and kept clean. The sites in this campground are laid out very well.

awful

We stayed At Lake Myers because of the Thousand Trails package we received with the purchase of our travel tailer. We spent 6 nights unfortunately .  This is basically a trailer park.  Packed, old, nasty.  I cannot even understand how it can really be categorized as a campground.  The website pictures are NOT EVEN ClOSE to being accurate.  Never again.

Amazing campground & views

Chantilly Farm RV & Tent Campground, Floyd VA

This campground is amazing and a true hidden gem. Mike the owner was so nice and accommodating. He even delivered our firewood to our campsite. They have a nice little camp store in case you forget anything. Frisbee golf and cornhole is available too!

We were on top of a hill with other RV’s with gorgeous views and sunsets. The grounds were very well kept and mowed. Trash cans were abundant and bathrooms were decent.

This campground also accommodates tents that are spread out and we even witnessed a sweet wedding in their event space, that had guests with horses!

We will return and stay longer!

Great views... Great hospitality

Love this campground and the owner is very friendly. The online booking is still being tweaked a bit. Beautiful views of Pilot Knob. Great hospitality.

Hidden Gem

A+ campground.. fun activities.. kid friendly.. love playing BINGO here!!

Great spot

This is a great family run campground. We stayed 3 nights and the owners were very accommodating. Clean bathrooms and showers. Close to the lake!

Unlevel & messy

We made a mistake. My wife and I are moving to North Carolina, and we were looking for a place to stay for a month in the Asheboro area. I checked around and Deep River was the only local campground with long-term sites available, so I made the reservation. The owner, Scott, was very helpful throughout the reservation process and we thought we were going to have a good experience.

When we showed up, Scott met us at the office and he took us to the "most level site" he had available. I was a little concerned from the start because the sewer pipe was sitting at a 45 degree angle and it was half buried in the ground. I had to help dig out the pipe and when I looked inside I noticed the connection was broken and any drainage would  have leached directly into the ground. Additionally, the sewer connection was more than 40 feet from the center of the site and I only carry 30 feet of line, so we had to back way up in order to hook-up. Unfortunately, that meant that our primary slide was within 3 feet of a giant pine tree so there was barely enough room to open it. Another problem with being so far back in the site was how unlevel the camper was. It took a while for me to get the trailer unhitched and by the time I had it nearly level, I had used all of my blocks and the jack was extended to the maximum height. Needless to say, I did not feel very comfortable with the arrangement and I was really starting to question whether or not to stay.

Then I started looking around at the site and there was trash everywhere with broken pieces of metal and half chewed dog bones strewn about. I looked at my wife and I could tell she was not happy. So I got on my phone, called another campground and made reservations. Scott was understanding, he tried to talk us into trying another site but by that time we had decided to move on. I will give Scott credit, he didn't charge us a cancellation fee, so that was good.

A quick note, the WiFi was limited to close to the office and we would have had to pay Spectrum for a monthly internet connection. Also, Verizon cell coverage was weak.