The best WALK IN camping near
Flat Rock , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Flat Rock Camping Reviews
Loved staying here!

A bucket list trip to step foot on the APP and spend time wandering Hot Springs NC.

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.

Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Remote campground with beautiful settings.

Awesome campground with select sites. Nice tent sites but RVs are restricted to the edge of the road. Unique area with its higher elevation. Nice people throughout many who have been coming here for many years. Clean restrooms but no showers.

Laurel group site bordering the Toe River

Tis campground is a little hard to find because it is off of the beaten path but close to the Blue Ridge Parkway. We went during the peak leaf season and of course, had to book the site super early. But we snagged the belle of the ball with the Laurel group site. The maximum number of people in the site is 50 (pre Covid) but we were a group of 3 families with 11 people and it was the perfect size for this size group. There were steps leading down to the river with a small spot for a 2 person tent. There were also a number of dispersed tent sites with room to spread out. We had our own very clean restroom that was not in the way but accessible. There are a number of trails to access from the site including Setrock Falls. Even though the campground was full, we felt completely private in our site. The Toe River is the real gift of this site. The constant sounds around you and the river loop trail allowed you to explore further. This is a perfect site for kids because it is open and the river is shallow enough. I would highly recommend this site any time of year because of the river but fall adds a special quality with the leaves all around.

Poor water pressure

Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.

Beautiful campground

We stayed here this past weekend and absolutely loved it. Our site was #40 and it was right on the lake. There is a skunk that comes up to your site at night but he doesnt bother anyone as long as you dont scare it. Very beautiful and peaceful campground. Friendly staff. Definitely going to return again.

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Beautiful Views

We spent an evening at Mile High Campground while traveling through the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smoky Mountain National Park. The campsite was great, right off the Parkway, beautiful sprawling views, and quite/private spaces.