Camping in Secor Gardens

239 Reviews of 65 Secor Gardens, New York Campgrounds

Sara P.
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Nice, easy getaway

This place is only an hour away from NYC with so much to do and see. These cabins are VERY rustic, four walls, a cot, and a fridge. You still feel like you are "roughing it" but with the convenience of a fridge. Absolutely zero phone service (for T-Mobile) which was AMAZING. There's a few very cute…

• fire pit and picnic table at our cabin site. we were also able to park right next to our cabin (A-12)
  • easy parking right next to cabin
  • foggy night time!
SiteA-12
Sara P.
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Nice, easy getaway

• outdoor movie night (Shark Tales)
  • easy parking right next to cabin
SiteA-12
Dan W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

I'm a happy camper!

Just give me a parking spot and some privacy and I'm good. Cheesequake has just enough space between sites and the foliage gives you the personal space you need. Facilities are fair for what the cost is, the alternative is a $160 hotel room. By the way... Rained the whole time we we're there and…

Sitesite 37
Dan W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 22, 2021

A three day weekend must.

Finally after the closure during covid the campgrounds open memorial day. 7 miles of ocean and bay side beaches, historic buildings, and walking trials. Carry in carry out rules apply, don't be that person!

• Large group campsites
HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Sorry, pricey but complete S/W/E

Campsite 44 for just one night. I can hear distant cars from time to time but, not like highway sounds . Bathrooms for our area looks well kept outside, but, closed due to clovid. Other campgrounds have just stepped up the cleaning and remained open for convenience of the campers.There are 3 other…

fun

fun experience with the travel trailer, a lot of trailers there, it was quiet and sometimes loud but all in all a fun time, walked to the beach and the trails

fun

great

had a great weekend trip, it’s worth it just to relax and be with family

Frank Barber M.
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Camping

Es bonito

Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

perfect

amazing sites, very great employees , bathroom are clean, long walks

Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

No RV sites a step up from tent camping.

They have rustic cabins. Theae do not have plumbing or heat. It is a step up from cabin camping. They also have a beach behind it.

Reviewed Apr. 22, 2021

I love that they have pull thru rv sites. They also have a lake with boat rentals!

Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Nice plugged in experience.

I go here if I want amennities. They have full hook-ups for my RV. The staff was nice and they were dog friendly!

Sitedo not recall
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Camping for just $15

This is an off-grid camping experience. You can use your generator at certain hours. Theu have a beach. Their staff is friendly. I love going here.

Sitevarious
Kevin A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2021

Great location...easy access to city

We spent 3 nights here last week. I was in NYC for business and we took our RV. Very convenient location. My wife visited Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. The sites had electric and water and were in a fenced off section of tue marina parking area. It was a little loud with city noises, but…

• WTC from our site