Audubon, NEW JERSEY
Most Recent Audubon Camping Reviews
Huge Rv site

The sites are big and spaced far apart. Lots of privacy. Bathhouse new condition. Nice trails.

History and nature

It's a quaint historical area kept green and nature friendly. Good for biking and dog walking.

It's pretty nice

A lovely pocket of nature with some interesting features near the high rocks vista.

I liked this place

I see the reviews are all over the place for this campground. In my opinion you’ll find seasonal sat most every campground. I just don’t like when their site becomes nasty and unkempt. But I like this campground. We (wife and kids) were here twice about 6 years ago. I remember playing bingo and I won the last round, about $40. They had a lot to do I remember that.

Great camp ground!

Great

Awesome campground! Always a fun time camping and driving around this park! Gorgeous!

Bring a hammer

Lovely trails and the rocks are something else

Love this spot

Went in April. Allows dogs after a deposit. Must purchase their firewood. Good bathrooms/showers. Great location for hitting the 4x4 trails.

Nice place for the family.

It's a great place to take the kids for a night or two of lovely moderate hiking and outdoor experience. Except I don't have kids and the people I tagged along with didn't read the rules, so we brought a bunch of alcohol and had our selves a blast until the rangers showed up.

Great campground, clean restrooms

We stayed at the tent only site 1, which was a decent distance from the other sites.

The restrooms were really clean and it was nice that each was separate.

The camp store/ office section was closed during most of our visit, but the rest of the campground, including the nature center, was open.

Great hiking!!!

Hiking along the creek was great.

No camping but nice park.

It is a beautiful park with a nice trails. One is along the Delaware River. There is a pool and grill. No camping though.

Disappointed

One of the nicest campgrounds before they sold to a management company

Amazing owners

Great campground secluded tent sites.

Such a wreck

It was a great location but possibly the worse campground I’ve ever seen. People living in tents with all of their belongings. Don’t go

Hidden gem

A nice primitive campground - good for a quick trip away. The campground is a county run one that works on a first come first serve basis, which is fine if there are others close by. They are wooded sites and have 2 loops. There is no store, but there a places close to get supplies. The park is dry, no alcohol. No hook ups either. There is an old mansion that gives tours on weekends.

Great place

We go here a lot because we are local, and since it’s so close, it’s nice for a shake down trip of new equipment. The facilities are clean, and the grounds are well kept. They have activities like mini golf, pedal carts, jump pillow and a pool. Being on the Brandywine, you can fish and rent canoes. The river is usually very calm and good for a float. The camp store is well stocked with essentials and there is a pizza place close by that delivers. The kids alway have a good time there.

Nice lake area!

Ran through this camp area in Elkton! Beautiful place!

Great Park!

Perfect place to hike, bike and picnic!!

Great place

Great place!! Friendly and helpful staff. Clean!! Lots of fun.

Just ok with the dog

Bathrooms were very clean. People were very nice. Camp sites are very sandy. We chose this place because they advertise dog swimming. They only have a very small area which was slightly mucky and I saw three large cotton mouth snakes hanging on the coastline. I know that it's nature and snakes will be there but we did not get in the water with our puggle. No Way!

Old-fashioned, friendly, amenity filled campground!

We visited MANY campgrounds in Del. Pa. and N.J. looking for a place to stay seasonally. Once we went to Hospitality Creek, I knew we found our home. The people, activites, roomy sites, pools, beautiful lake for swimming and boating/fishing, snack bar with breakfast and full lunch/dinner menu made it such an easy choice. It is on the pricy side for nightly/weekly camping rates, but really worth every dollar!

Lots of activities for everyone

Beautiful lake for all water related activities. Trails are nice, although not as well-marked as some other places we’ve been. Excited to go cabin camping here in January!

Nice local park

Great for family fishing and paddle boarding

Huge Forest With A Few Designated Tent Sites

This is a good free state forest with maybe 10 (or less) designated tent-camping sites, and designated areas for deer hunting. Each campsite features a picnic table or two, and a fire pit, plus one bundle of firewood. The ground is dirt covered with woodchips and sometimes evergreen needles -- pretty easy to sleep in a tent. There are a couple portapotties in the camping area, which are a few feet from one campsite, or a few blocks from another. There is one water pump. And there are plenty of hiking trails in the state forest, complete with mushrooms, and deer-hunting-stands.

RV camping is not encouraged. Horseriding is encouraged. And you may regret not brining mosquito repellent. The blood-suckers are relentless.

My only beef is that it's a legitimate campground, which means, neighbors. But the neighbors aren't unreasonably close, so it's actually pretty good.

Wonderful family fun!

We had such a fun time during the summer between the pool, fishing at the pond and all the amazing amenities!! Just walking around the campground is beautiful. Will definitely come back, the best campground for complete family fun!

Nice family campground

Spent several nights at Brandywine Creek campground in July, in the middle of a 6 week trip with our granddaughter. Quite, well kept camp. Clean showers. Nice pool. Close to Valley Forge military park, and convenient to Philadelphia by train.

K.O.Amazing!!!

Fishing available!!! Big sell for me

Well kept campground and facilities. We’ve been there several times because it’s so close. The river sites are great but can get muddy and there is a big hill to get up and out. The pool is nice, they have a store and a playground.

Passing through

1 night stay while traveling up the east coast. Lots of seasonals so you kind of feel out of place. Plenty of shade but sites are right on top of each other. Nice pool. Bathhouse is large and clean.