The best RV SITES camping near
Bock , MINNESOTA

Most Recent Bock Camping Reviews
Great campground!

We loved this campground and this area!

We have site 1 which was right on the lake. We were able to park the camper parallel to the lake which was amazing. Such a beautiful view!

The owners and staff were great. They have a small market and a game room. The resort was clean and well maintained. There is a beach. You can also rent water toys, boats and pontoons. You can also bring your own boat and rent dock space. There are several docks you can fish from if you want.

So much to do in the area and this resort is right in the middle of it all.

Lots to Explore/Learn

I’ll say, one of the best parts of this park is all the interpretative kiosks. Love learning about the forestry and history of state parks!  Also many options for trails which is great. A lot of wildlife here, I heard a ton of coyotes and geese, a woodpecker, and a beaver under the bridge in the evening chomping away at peeling logs… totally scared me at first but he was just doing his job and I tried not to bother him!

I stayed at the backpacking site: SPRING. It’s just a short hike (bout 400 meters)  from the river access where there is a vaulted toilet snd water year-round. The site had a bench overlooking the river and a rugged stair for water access. Also had a little personal rustic toilet just a trail behind the site. Nice and wooded campsite, soft dirt, and fairly spacious! In wet months, I bet it's pretty muddy. The only drawback is that the trail it’s situated on is the hiking club trail and heavily trafficked. I stayed in winter, where you could see through the trees and all that tho. Maybe in summer, it’s more secluded? But still, something to keep in mind.

Took a peek at the campground- some of the most spaced out and wooded sites I’ve seen yet. I like that they made it in separated loops, to avoid through traffic distracting your stay. Love the visitors center, great overlook, and interesting information. By the trail center, which is also very cozy and rents, skis and snowshoes and has a great inside fireplace, there is an interpretative walk about white pines- great for kids to imagine those huge trees! They do a great job aiding the imagination as you walk along the short trail.

Camper cabins here are up on a bluff- didn’t stay there but totes want to! Nicely situated.

Everything that I checked out here was very well managed and they clearly put a lot of time and care into making this park functional, interesting, and accessible. I loved my little backpack site but can’t wait to come back to camp in the summer or rent a cabin! The river is gorgeous, even as it was frozen in winter!

Mixed experience

Our stay was okay. Office and store was clean and well cared for. Check in was smooth and we were shown to our sites. We were spending the weekend with friends and the campground was very accommodating.

Campground was very dark in the area of campsites which made setting up a bit difficult. Our sites were grass that was a little long and rutted from what seemed from previous tenants. This made getting leveling a little difficult and out fold out stairs touched the ground before fully being deployed. After leveling in the dark we began searching for our full hookups. Found the sewer in the tall grass and electric , but the water supply was no where to be seen. Gave the office a call and they were prompt to respond.

We were quick to learn that water hookups were shared with other sites and required “y” connections at the spigots. Our host(s) were prepared with the connectors in hand but seemed a bit surprised that we might need them and we were a bit confused that they didn’t mention this to us when reached out sites.

Then we all collectively began searching for our water source. Ours source ended up being 75’ plus from our RV. Thankfully I just happened to be carrying the extra hose for several years but never had to use it before. It was a little uncomfortable to turn off someone’s water supply, unhook their hose and place the “y” adaptor in line so both of out rigs could be hooked up to the water spigot. Because of the distance our hoses were run over by four wheels and side by sides. The campground host also seemed to be a bit uncomfortable too and really didn’t want to be the ones to do it.

After we were setup our stay was good.

Great proximity to Banning State Park. Enjoyed a great day of hiking around this state park and enjoying the water and ruins of old buildings.

We would stay here again for a quick get away from the Twin Cites but would want to arrive before it gets dark a d bring a lot of hose.

Good stay for a couple days away

It was the spring of 2020 and COVID was just a thing that would soon pass… The family needed a little break from the new daily grid of quarantining in our home. Working and schooling full time from home was a new and somewhat novel thing we were all adjusting too.

Pokegama Lake campground provided a good weekend away from from the Twin Cities. Since social distancing was in place we only talked to the staff on the phone. Check in was efficient and ready for our arrival. Our first site was beautiful and in the trees as requested but the site had our sewer uncomfortably in the front yard of the our new weekend neighbor who was already there. We gave the office a call and they set us up with a pull thru site just across the road without hesitation. Our site was level and the full hookups worked as expected.

We are not golfers but would have taken advantage of the course if we were.

Not much to do in the area but that didn’t dampen our weekend. Not sure we would spend more than a long weekend here.

There was a boat launch across the road for those looking for a place to to get out on the water with their water craft. A good portion of the campground was occupied by seasonal campers. Not currently our cup of tea but it looked it full and busy. There were some sites that were well cared for and some that could use some TLC.

We would camp here again.

Great campground

Nice campground with amenities, pool and water play area for kids. Nice on-site store for any needs. I have a small travel trailer that is self contained so I could reserve spots down by the river. Ability to go tubing down the river. You can even get pizza delivered by the local Chanticlear Pizza!

I give it a 4 star only because twice I ran into the same group of people that thought it was ok to open up their vehicle doors and blast music well into the night. Owner warned them the first time but quiet time isn’t until 11 pm. 2nd trip, I just packed up and left.

Interesting Hike, Views

We visited on a surprise warm day in November - wanted to get in a good hike! This park boasts a waterfall, so that sold me.

Park is close to Sandstone for any last minute needs.

• Campground is off and a bit sequestered from the rest of the hiking and kayaking, which is nice. We didn’t drive through out of respect since we were day trippers- BUT I like that they set it “aside” to keep it private. There are trails from the campground itself that connects up with the other trails and the waterfall hike.

• Picnic area pretty great, with little fire ring and picnic table areas separated decently.

• Hike along the Quarry Loop Trail (the hiking club trail) for some interesting facts about the old quarry and stone workers. The ruins are worth an explore for sure! We went a little off trail and went down from the hells gate trail to the portage trail along the river that connects to Lower Hells Gate Trail and the waterfall. Def not for little kids, but a fun rugged experience! Need good shoes and not to be done if wet - could be slippery and dangerous. BUT - you can just take the High Bluff trail above it and be fine!

• This park is definitely busy, my guess is in season that the kayakers are aplenty! Nice bathrooms at the parking and picnic are.

Great hiking, busy park, plenty of amenities, ski trails, known for kayaking, rapids, and a waterfall. Campground set aside from the busy area of the park.

Nice for smaller rigs

Nice State Park kind of in the middle of no where. Super easy access and close to Pipestone National Monument. On a nice little lake with prairie views. Don't recommend for larger rigs. We struggled with our 44ft 5th wheel, only one site could fit us and it was tight to get in and out. All in all its not my favorite but a good place to call base and explore Pipestone and even Sioux Falls.

Nice small town RV park

The wood river winds it’s way through this parks south and east campsites, with a lock and dam at the west end making a nice sound of moving water if you can get a campsite near it. ( most of these sites are taken by seasonal campers ) The city park-Memory lake park is adjacent to the park, and their is a local brewery along memory park too, with a large patio and open fire pit as well! All of this within very close walking distance of the park. Nice hiking trail just 4 miles west on hwy 70 on the st croix River. The trail on the north side of hwy 70 is really nice with high cliffs over the st croix River. It’s a 5 mile hike to the end and back to your car. All that for 30 bucks with full hook-ups sounds like winner winner chicken dinner to me!

Nice, but not amazing

We arrived at 2pm on a mid-October Friday afternoon and were shocked to find just two open spots. Our spot was along the side road that cuts through the campground so not on the main loop which I think led to there being fewer cars. Overall, there weren't too many spots that I thought looked amazing, but none of them looked bad either. It felt a little rundown, even by state forest standards, but for us that was fine. The road into the park and within the campground is awful, so especially if you're in an RV or towing a trailer, be prepared to move very slowly. But we had a nice two days, went to the lake/beach area which was maybe a 15-30 minute hike away, and also hiked on the other trails a bit. We have a 3 and 1 year old, so didn't make it far :) I don't know that I feel a need to return to this place, but I was happy with our experience.

City Park on Rice Lake

We stayed two nights in October. Quiet park. The park picnic area gets lots of day use which doesn’t bother the campground. Well kept up. If you stay check out 5 Rocks Distillery a mile down the road.