The best YURTS camping near
Pocomoke City , MARYLAND

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Pocomoke City Camping Reviews
Great space and location

Our site has over 10 people and we all fit. Very quiet but maybe due to COVID.

Excellent Weekend

Love this DE state park! 5 different loops. One for all tenting, loop E. One with all pull-through sites, loop D. Three with back in spots, loops A-C. If you want quiet, stay in loop D. This was a full weekend and a bit crowded. We had an end site facing the pond (C 20). Very level sites BUT a lot of trees in the way when parking your RV. Most spots have tight areas to maneuver into with trees and hookup posts on either side. We saw several we couldn’t believe they parked without hitting a tree. Lots of trails to hike and boat rentals; canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, pontoon boat, and I think a row boat. It’s located in lower DE near the MD line. There’s a walkway between all loops to connect them and easily walkable. Has electric and water hookups.

Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

Campground review

Important for guest

Trails end has gate with campground I.d. or sticker access. There are bath houses, laundromat, country store, restaurant, meeting building with free wifi, pool park, boat ramp, and 2 docks, electric hook up ( contact ANEC) water hook up. Sewer dump stations and no trash or trash pick up. Office staff can be annoying and have personal politics. Maintenance/Utility Department available. Yearly residence in campground and seasonal. NASA and DOD does fly over for training but not often and it's not annoying. Can have gulf carts. Office Maintenance Pool hall store and landurmat are spread thru out the campground. Bath houses all over the campground. Private security does not bother.

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!

So much to do at this park

We were only able to stay one night here, but I guarantee we’ll be back to enjoy all this place has to offer. There are multiple trails (red is the longest), a disc golf course, and of course, the pond for water activities. Our campsite was quite spacious even with two cars in the lot.

Great Campground

This has been one of my favorite camp grounds this summer. Loved the hiking trail (Bob Trail). It can also be used for biking. Our dogs loved the hike. Since it’s just about all in the shade it wasn’t bad for them. We also rented a kayak; awesome activity to do around the lake. Loved the spaces in between each campsite. Plenty of privacy. Restrooms were kept clean.

Great quiet spot with lots to do

We stayed here 3 nights over Labor Day weekend. The sites are very level and spaced out well for privacy. The bathhouse was simple but clean, lit, and serviceable. There is a lot to do here: between the river, nature center, and pool, this place offers a lot. Plus it’s close to historic Snow Hill and Pocomoke City. A short day trip will take you to Chincoteague or Assateague Islands or Ocean City. We would definitely go back!

Beautiful spot, high prices, disappointing management

We just returned from five nights at the Chincoteague KOA. I got a great deal over black friday weekend for a deluxe cabin but the "normal" prices are highway robbery. We paid $180/night booking months in advance, but even with the limited amenities due to covid the price per night was well over $300.

We ran into a problem on the 4th night of our stay where the propane leak alarm sounded at midnight. We grabbed the kids and drove to the overnight guard who called the local fire department. They came, checked for a leak and over an hour later we were back in our cabin. Our kids didn't sleep much after that and ruined our plans for the following day. And of course on the 5th and final night the alarm sounded at 9:45. Thankfully maintenance was still there and switched out the monitor for one from a newer cabin. Talking to a few "neighbors" this seems to be a common problem that has been going on for over a year! The management didn't call or come by to check on us and apologize once after this happened. To be fair, at checkout my husband spoke to the manager and she gave us a credit of $100. But even with that I am still a little disappointed.

Overall, my kids really enjoy the campground and area so we will probably return. The bathouses are very clean and there are a few to choose from all with laundry. There are kayaks available to rent and a small waterpark that is fun during non covid times.