Camping in North Welham

198 Reviews of 25 North Welham, Maryland Campgrounds

E
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Good Intro to Camping

I booked a tent site as my first introduction to the park. Setting up a reservation was incredibly user friendly, park staff was fantastic at getting us checked in, and the camp store was well stocked and priced.

Our site, however, left something to be desired. The sites were all very close…

• Overall campsite, pardon the mess!
  • Firepit with grate
SiteMiles Loop 159
Marissa G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Wonderful little park

Sites are mostly all dog friendly, which is wonderful! Great hiking trails. The park provides wood and ice as well! We will definitely be back!

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Good

It was good

J
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Spot #166 had great views!

This was nice because you could see the water from the site.

It was a short jaunt to toilets/showers/potable water and everything was surprisingly clean.

Nearby was a beach that was small but cute and a cool lighthouse you could go up.

There is a camp store that had all the basics and ice and…

Jenn D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Weekend getaway - was a lot of fun

I went with a friend for two nights, and we camped and had a blast. (It rained for one of the days and it was pretty thick tree cover - so it wasn't too bad.) Hiked around the lighthouse, climbed on the rocks, tried crabbing (and failed) and went kayaking around the campground in the bay.

The…

Mea H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Comfortable campground

We stayed here with our van to enjoy being stationary for a few days. It’s a good campground. Site was clean and pretty level. We only used one block to level the van. There’s fire wood available to purchase at the camp host for $5 for what you can fit in a milk crate. They even have a cart you can…

• Campsite 414
  • Campsite 414
L
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Great campground

Great campground in the woods. The managers were very helpful and friendly! Pet friendly!

C
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Great Site & Excellent Staff

The staff are very friendly and super helpful. The seasonal tenets are also very nice. Very well stocked store and even some Turkey Hill Ice Cream.

Nate & Erika L.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Great State Park Camping

We decided to stay a weekend at Susquehanna based on the reviews on the Dyrt and it’s closer proximity to home. We arrived and were greeted by super friendly rangers who gave us the lay of the land. We found the rangers to be very knowledgeable about the area and the wildlife, plants, and trees in…

• Champion Beech Tree on the green trail
Richard F.
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Decent price campground

The campground is small but has good amenities. A little outdated but a decent price. Some privacy which is nice.

Jarmonay N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Niceeee

Like this spot simply put …. Not to Much of a view from the stars though and I did have service :) so that helped ❤️‍🔥 OH BUT THE HIKE TO THE SITE BE PREPARED FOR IT

Jyll G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 12, 2021

Quick Overnight

My son and I stayed on a quick overnight while traveling South. The reservation was easy to make, the staff super helpful, the area beautiful. I wish we had been able to stay more to explore.

SiteBohemia Loop site #200
Sean R.
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Okay

A rather typical state part. Fishing, boating, camping, and hiking. The campground was fully booked for the weekend but the other areas weren't crowded as I've seen at other MD state parks. The pump out station was very nice.

Somethings I negatives about Tuckahoe: We lost power during a rain…

B
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Nice Campground at very reasonable price

We stayed Burke lake campground for one night last week. It was very peaceful place. The whole camp ground was very clean and well kept. It was nice to stay outside of DC away from the hustle and bustle. The staff was very nice and there to answer all my crazy questions.

SiteB17- B18
K
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Gorgeous!

I cant speak for all of the loops cuz we only traveled on ours, but the Bohemia loop is amazing. Our site has a perfect view of the river so we went to sleep and woke up every day to that gorgeous view. Would stay here again a thousand times more!!

Month of VisitNovember