The best RV SITES camping near

Most Recent Luke Camping Reviews
Nice view of the Potomac River. Long walking trail

Look at YouTube Grammy and pappy at it again. It was only 10 dollars

Great place to stay

Me and the wife had a great trip there in late October nice and quiet outdoor gun range was fun we stayed at site 17 it was very nice

Small campground suitable for family car camping

New Germany State Park is a pleasant location with a small lake for swimming and kayaking, as well as numerous trails in the wooded mountains of western Maryland. Supplies are available in Frostburg and Accident, and there are even restaurants available near Deep Creek Lake. My son and I thoroughly enjoyed a long weekend and found it conducive to relaxing and discussing his future plans.

Beautiful and peaceful. Worth the drive!

Site Details: We stayed on site#40 in the Garrett Loop. It is one of only three FHU sites in this loop(the rest are primitive tent sites). The site was level, spacious, beautifully shaded, and convenient to the bath house. In fact, almost every site on the inside of the loop had its own little direct pathway to the bath house. The camping loop in general was beautiful, quiet and heavily forested. I don’t think there was a bad site in the whole loop.

Facilities/Overall Park: This park very quickly rose to the top of our list of MD state parks. The trails to the namesake falls are beautiful and very family-friendly, with lots of helpful signage. However, the parking lots and trailheads were PACKED on the weekend, so if you’re a day tripper, get there early! The bath house was meh, but it didn’t matter much to us since we had hookups.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: The neighboring sister park, Herrington Manor, has full-service deluxe cabins and a nice swimming beach. Also, be sure to hit the nearby Rock Maze trail, especially if you have kids. Swallow Falls is also very convenient to the Deep Creek area, with all the touristy things of a lakeside resort town. Check out Lakeside Creamery for some awesome ice cream!

Overall, this was a gorgeous, well-maintained park, with plenty to keep us busy in the park and surrounding area. We already have a return trip booked for next year!

LHHT

Oh the LHHT. What can I say. You are beautiful. And a beast. And breathtaking. Rafting in the yough is lovely as well. Such a fun area!

Engagement photos

My now husband and I took our engagement photos here and it was beautiful! A few trails and ponds to explore as well

My go-to

This is my absolutely favorite go-to weekend exploration spot. She never looks the same, and every season has a new vista to offer

Nice remote quiet park

We enjoyed our stay. Lot of trails within the park. Most sites had no privacy but we didn't see it as an issue for us. We got lucky and had an almost dead level site but there are some tricky sites there so choose your site carefully. The roads within the campground are narrow and the sites, which are asphalt, are pretty narrow as well, maybe 10'. There was a 5th wheel across the road from us in a drive through that gave up, they just couldn't get level. Don't know where they went. Every morning and evening there were a number of deer roaming through the park. The bath houses are old but clean. Since there was no wi-fi and sad cell service we went to the lodge and use their wi-fi to download some youtube videos to watch a night.  Everyone knows about Blackwater Falls but just outside of Thomas there is a Douglas Falls that's becoming more popular as word spreads.

Great place, beautiful crystal clear lake

We stayed here December 10, 2020. The campground was closed for the winter, but we called ahead and they were fine with us staying in the parking area. No amenities, but we were in a Revel,so didn’t need anything anyway. We were completely alone there, which was pretty cool. The area closes completely (entrance gate is locked) from Dec 21 - May 1. The site was super clean and well maintained. Lots of hiking trails and a very easy one that loops around the Rockcliff Lake. Also be sure to take the short walk to the Trout Pond. More crystal clear water, and the pond is an active sinkhole, so that’s pretty cool. And the Lake is socked with trout (license required) during the regular season for those who want to fish.

Secluded but convenient.

We stayed at campsite #1 off of 15 mile creek Road. Only a mile or so from I68. Great cell and internet reception with AT&T. We have a 25’ travel trailer and most places we scouted we probably couldn’t take it. Site 2 looks not too bad but a little less level. Site 6 also seemed like a nice spot for a Rv. Don’t recommend taking a large travel trailer on 15 mile creek Rd south of I68. Lots of S turns and pretty steep for my skills. Loved it!