The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Eagle Harbor , MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Eagle Harbor Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Eagle Harbor Camping Reviews
Great place for a staycation

BR park is absolutely beautiful. So much to do and centered around many historical sites. It’s a gem

We had a fantastic time!

We had a fantastic time our 1st time at #AdventureBoundCampingResort in Lothian, Maryland. While at the campsite, we met a great guy from East Tennessee, Steve, who was in the Air Force, and he was as nice as could be. We had arrived after dark on Friday and Steve came over to offer to help with the tent setup but we wanted to do it all on our own in true “girl power” form! But after rethinking it, we decided to sleep in the car!!!! 😂 Next morning we arose to setup our sitewe had an absolutely wonderful time doing it .That is, until the rain came about 1am Sunday morning! It rained and rained and rained and rained and rained! Not only did it wake us, it started us thinking what we’d do with a WET TENT! I was going to stay another day just to let the tent dry out but, it’s going to rain all day into Monday. And then! My oldest granddaughter felt ill and had to be picked up by her mom! I was left with my two little munchkins, Michaela and Samaijah to take everything down — in the constant rain!!! Well, we decided to head over to Home Depot to get ponchos for us and McDonald’s for their promised pancake breakfast, then headed back to start the task of breaking down our camp site. With the help of my little munchkins, we packed everything up and loaded the car in no time. The only thing left was the wet tent! I decided to forego the folding and just gather it up and put it in a garbage bag just to get us home and out if the rain — that worked for them too!! They did a great job and were a true representation of the saying “little but mighty”! Steve and many of the long term campers were military and construction workers, in addition to senior citizens. Saturday night seems to be the neighbors party night so it was quite lively with music and laughter. This camp has electric and water at each site, clean toilet and shower facilities, playground and pool.

Nice quiet clean campground 30-40m from DC

Stayed here for 2w while visiting friends in Alexandria. Took me 25-30m to get there so you are far away from bustle of city but not so far that going in to enjoy breakfast or the sights is a feat. Nice and quiet here during winter more so during week than weekends.

Family Friendly and So Much To Do!

Our family stayed here in a cabin on a long weekend trip to DC. This campground was full of stuff to do and we didn't even get to do a lot of it. We stayed in a cabin for 2 nights and had a great time. The campground had a climbing wall on one afternoon. There are miles of trails and my gkids enjoyed the nature scavenger hunt. You even get a prize when you finish. This park has too many amenities to list. They had a campfire complete with s'mores followed by hayrides. Great family friendly campground. We will definitely be going back.

Great for activities; not much privacy

Great if you’re looking for a quick escape from DC and with a lot of activities—paddling, hiking, and a 5 minute drive from Meadowood for mountain biking. I camped at the non-electric area and it was nice to play some disc golf across the street before dark. The hiking is nice—15 minutes on the trail to get to the water—and a quick walk to the marina/boat rentals.

Campsites are well-equipped, but depending on which you will not have privacy and/or enough flat space for more than 1 tent. Most sites are right next to each other and no trees or other natural separation, and some saw did not have much space for tents. I had 141 which was good; 138 was the best that I saw; and if you want to get 2 for a bigger group try to get 112/113.

Westmoreland

My son and I went here at the end of August for our first tent camping trip and even with the heat it was still great it’s a beautiful spot and the camp host was super friendly

Great Regional Park

Great regional park with lots to do - trails, biking, boating.

Sites are spacious and decently level (depends on the site I’m sure).

Plenty of playgrounds and trails nearby to keep the family busy.

Amenities and such are what you’d expect - clean but not new.

We would definitely stay again.

Beautiful Campground

We stayed at Bull Run Regional Campground on our visit to Washington DC. It was fall and the colors were gorgeous. The sites are all pull-through off the roads through the campground. So your camper faces the woods and you feel like you're all alone. Bath houses are clean and well maintained. Our site was very level, but I could see that some others were not so much, so you might want to ask about that. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Awesome!

Beautiful views, good trails, nice sites. A lot of fun here. Will be back soon!

Beautiful Site, a Bit Noisy

We loved our site B56 which is a deep, private spot with lots of tent sites. The trees are pretty and the laurel adds to the privacy. We were there in November, so the leaves were off the trees, but it still felt private. There were a few parties in the campground which is strange given we are in the midst of a Pandemic. The noise carries here perhaps because there are valleys. There are a lot of shallow campsites close together. Make sure you check the length of the site. We originally had B46 which was directly across from the bathroom, right beside the road, and across from the playground. The wonderful staff allowed us to move. The camp store firewood was very dry and burned nicely. The staff patrol the park quite a bit but maybe not at night. There are several beautiful trails and kayaking nearby. There is also a water park which likely adds to the noise in the summer.