The best RV SITES camping near
Deale , MARYLAND

Most Recent Deale Camping Reviews
Relaxing spot with convenient ammenities

It was both mine and my fiancé’s first time camping in a decade. Needless to say, we were a bit nervous about our experience. Every part either met or exceeded our expectations. We stayed at camp site ten, which was open yet felt like our own private spot. The were right by the water and the little waves lulled us to sleep each night. We were close to the building that has a kitchen, coffee and bathroom with a shower, which was super convenient. It’s a dog friendly spot and our dogs thrived while making new friends! James was kind, communicative and super helpful when it came to any questions we had.

Great location

New restrooms and close to the town but far enough to be dark and quiet like the outdoors!

5-star campground/trails, serious bug infestation

My family lives near Greenbelt National Park and we have hiked the five-mile perimeter trail dozens of times with our dogs. However, this park has a serious bug problem. Most  of the time, we return home from our hikes only to find ticks on at least one of us!

We were excited to finally tent camp at Greenbelt two years ago for my wife's 30th and had a memorable time around the campfire, but were disappointed the next day that chiggers and ticks had once again swarmed us on our hike. Enjoy the camping but wear bug repellent and stay out of the tall grasses!

Horrible Management. Made our vacation a nightmare. Left a week early!!!!

WE WILL NEVER GO BACK. I want other people to know our first experience was like. I wish I would HAVE READ ALL THE NEGATIVE reviews. OVER 20 NEGATIVE REVIEWS on various websites ALL INCLUDE MANAGER LINDA. Our first day people warned us on the bad water problem and it’s especially bad at our lot. It stormed, I see the back of our trailer sitting in a water that was rising near electrical hook up. A lady from the office came by our camper and said we should turn off our electric because the water was getting close to electric box, it's dangerous. I called the office. Linda came on the phone, so I politely explained the asked what they could do? She said, "It's not my responsibility; we cannot control Mother Nature." Started getting nasty, saying we didn't have to turn off the electric, it's up to us. How we can stay in the camper with no electric? Linda said we could leave and cancel our reservation. I asked is there anything she can do? No lots left, and even if I change your lot, it's dangerous to unhook it. I will keep an eye on the water, and if it rises, I will turn off the electric. Then abruptly hung up. Husband wrapped the cord up higher on the electric box. Next 3 nights, it rains, and we decided we would turn off the power and not stay overnight, risking damage to our camper. Office said$32 for each night we didn't stay. Why it’s not our fault? Linda said I offered to move you, and you didn't want that. That is not what was said. Linda got loud and talked over me, saying I could leave if I wanted to. I told her we were not paying the fee and asked why we were put in that spot in the first place if it had a water problem? As a Manager, I feel she should not have put anyone in that spot. It seems most of the campers who stay there are aware of the water problem, so much they warned us. It's a shame that she is the Manager there. I can believe that she is still running that place given all the negative reviews and complaints about the Community Manager Linda.

Great spot around Northern Virginina

We were here for just one night during September. Our first time camping in the area and since COVID. Check in process was relatively simple, just pull up and pop out of your car to check in, with mask of course. We got a quick run down, some wood and a brochure with maps and area info. We were at site 133, non electric non water. I feel like the spots at the end of each loop might have slightly more privacy, but our site was fine. It included a picnic table and probably the best fire pit with grill that I've had in a while. It rained the night before we came, and the night we were there so the ground was pretty wet. Bathrooms had a sign for taking care with COVID precautions, and to wear your mask. Bathrooms were ok, but floors were a mess from muddy feet. Not much to be done about that. There were showers, and a dishwashing sink, plus laundry available. It's nice to know we've got a close spot to escape to if we don't have time to go far. This is a pet friendly campground. There's a lot to do out at the whole park, and its worth exploring (we just didn't have time). I'm sure its so pretty out near the water.

First time solo camping

A small issue with assignment of a spot. Other than that this is a fantastic place to camp in the city. Great amenities, wonderful staff (shout out to George). I'll be coming back.

Very Nice RV Park

Nice place. Sites are pretty close together, but otherwise nice and well maintained. Beware the $5 per person visitor fee. Staff was very friendly. Pool was nice and mini golf was fun. I definitely recommend this campground if in the area.

Awesome place

Had a great experience visiting our daughter over labor day weekend. Everything was extremely clean and well maintained. We loved the brick patio with patio furniture. Close to plenty of attractions.

Clean and close by

Staff are friendly but this place can be noise at night with all the cars zooming by…

Base camp for our DC visit

Spent several nights here while visiting Washington DC. You need military credentials. Handy to the DC Metro Transit system. Nice views of river. Eagle’s nest were interesting. Some sites are a little unlevel, front to rear, but definitely manageable. You really need a toad since supplies are not very close to the camping area.