Camping in Mathers Mill

287 Reviews of 33 Mathers Mill, Kentucky Campgrounds

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Great location in Bardstown, KY needs some TLC

Electric and water provided with a dump station. Camp host greeted us upon arrival. Public bathrooms are v CB Lea but need to be updated.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Can’t beat the location for a bourbon experience

Although we agree with the other reviews, this park needs some updating, we enjoyed our time here. The location can’t be beat for exploring this part of the bourbon trail. Our site, #22, worked for us. We did see that some sites had funky and inconvenient water and electric hookups. But the website…

Maze M.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Spacious, Peaceful Campgrounds

I am currently here and I gotta say I am impressed. The bathrooms are clean, I am not close to my neighboring campers, the parking spots are huge, and it's a great area to walk around.

• The Recreational Area
  • A view of the campsite
  • Deer
SiteSmith Ridge - Site 32
Carolyn K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Peaceful

Despite Hurricane Ida I'm the midst of my stay, camp hosts very nice. Clean and very well maintained grounds

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Best for Mammoth Cave

The campground is cute and less than 15 mins to the Mammoth Cave National Park visitor Center. Nothing fancy, older bathhouse, small pond and large field for kids to explore. Some spots are snug. Owner is great and very helpful!

jenni P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

So close to everything

Tucked between Green River Lake and Lake Cumberland, the community of Columbia serves as a gateway to all of the great fishing and watersports in south-central Kentucky. Located just off the Cumberland Parkway, Columbia is a convenient stop and an ideal location for those seeking a peaceful…

• campgrounds
  • Play button icon
Sitecabin
G
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Singing Hills RV Park - Nice setting

Arrived June 7, 2021, stayed 3 nights. Basic, clean, peaceful setting.. stayed at site 31, and good space on one side between other campers. Nice tree lined areas. Very convenient for Mammoth Cave. Did not use the facilities on this trip. Would come again.

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Nice place

This is a small campground but the people there are very friendly.

Beautiful camping trip

I’ve stayed all over the mammoth cave area and this is a beautiful place to stay as well. I keep coming back because it’s so pretty!

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Kenny P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Holmes Bend Campground

Great campground with over 100+ sites. Some are primitive sites but most have water. Bathroom,shower house and playground are available. They won’t let you park in the grass so boats have to parked out front of campground. The best are the hiking trails. It’s a short drive or walk thru the woods to…

Theresa R.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great primitive camping

I have camped several times here over the years was there last week for 5 days there are 5 camps sites out house type toilets and trash cans all get cleaned daily when it gets hot u may wanna bring airfreshner to the toilets there is a picnic table and a place to build a fire. Wood in the forest…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great location but bring ear plugs

I have camped at this site several times. Ear plugs are a must as it is in the direct flight path of a major airport.  My boyfriend had a Fitbit and was able to spot how many times an airplane flew over our tent in the evening/early morning hours.  It must be a UPS hub or FedEx as the planes were…

• Evening photo you can see our picnic table and tents.
  • Group Site 2 - The signs can be hard to see in the dark so I had a lantern out so group members would be able to find us.
  • Porta Johns for bathrooms
SiteGroup Site 2
Yondering R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Kids LOVED it

Several pools to choose from, plus a beach and water obstacle course—our kids thought they’d found paradise! The bathhouses were clean, if not the newest we’ve seen. Close proximity to Mammoth Cave. Don’t miss the Amish bakery/cafe nearby!