Camping in Bakerton

Recent Standard (Tent / RV) Reviews Near Bakerton, Kentucky

369 Reviews of 44 Bakerton, Kentucky Campgrounds

Ronnie C.
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Beautiful state park, remote and quiet.

We had a great time. Bring the bug spray, sunscreen and plenty of exention cords. The campground needs investment as majority of the sites are narrow with difficult positions for hooking up and leveling, make sure you pay attention. To each site description. The Full hookup/Ada sites are new, the…

Beth H.
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Beautiful and peaceful!

One of our favorite campgrounds! The campground is huge! There are 6 loops to choose from. Be sure to make sure of site lengths and if there is electric (because not all have electric in every loop) our personal favorite is loop E. Sites are varying in condition and some aren’t very level, but…

SiteE17
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

My Favorite Campground

I love mammoth cave campground a whole lot. It’s not just the caves but I love the camp sites here. The rangers are super helpful and even if the tours are sold out the trails are awesome. Especially if you love snapping photos of the landscape.

Melody S.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Beautiful Spot

Beautiful spot close to the water. Secluded area that can be reached via GPS coordinates ONLY (we learned this after trying to check in at the Dale Hollow campground).

Things to know:

• there was no dumpster for trash

-hike in spot with vault toilet

• 45 minutes from Standing Stone State Park
Campfiresandcoffee94  .The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Family Vacation

We stayed 5 days at this beautiful campsite, we were pleased to find the facilities clean with hot water, washer and dryer on site.

RV pads are well maintained. There's plenty of trees though some pads have only direct sun.

Found out once we got there that the connection for LTE is pretty…

• campsite
  • lake dog
  • swimming area
P
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Only if you like congestion.

Our site was so small I could barely fit my pop-up and compact pickup on it. Arrived after dark and fell down a 2-3 foot drop-off at the edge of asphalt. Picnic table was in the grass at about a 30 degree tilt. Fire pit was 30 feet away in the bottom of a wash.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Big Rig Friendly Very Nice

Would have got 5 stars but the power would spike several times a day to 129-132 volts setting off alarm in coach. We moved spots and same issue but fewer times a day. Highly recommend Surge Protector at this park. Other than that, super nice, kid friendly, obviously, with lots to do right in the…

Site222-252
Lena L.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Full National Park Camping Experience

Very nice sites, clean bathrooms, ranger led talks throughout the day and in the evening at the amphitheater, close to showers, post office, and camp store. I enjoyed staying here!

z
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Great

Swell place to camp

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Secluded

My family stayed in the woods loop of the campground and I loved it! The site was perfect! This is a perfect spot to just hideaway for a bit!

H
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Love!

I stayed here with my family for a weekend and I loved the amenities for children! We weren’t on the lake but we had a really good view of it! Would stay here again!

Gordon L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Nice Nation Park campground

This is a very nice campground and very close to Mammoth Cave. The sites were well established and level for the most part. Check in was at 3:00 and I tried to check in early. No Dice! There is limited food available for purchase at the camp store. Their biscuits and gravy is delicious!

Site074 (tent)
Tom J.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great Camp and Fish Spot

Had a wonderful weekend at Kendall. Have heard it can be hard to get a reservation, and now I know why.

Most the spots are spacious and tree covered. Paved and gravel sights are the norm. Some sites looked to be 100 feet deep which offered great privacy. There are many buddy sites that would…

• One of many caught in Hatchery Creek
D
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Great campground

Great views of the lake from most sites. The only bad is that it’s hard to get reservations.

SiteA24
Katrin M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Nice little campground

We camped here over the weekend. The campground is not very big, but the sites have electricity, water, a fire pit, a lantern pole, picnic bench, and a bearbox. Some of the sites are not very private or have much shade. Number 1 to 9 seem to be the best spots. Some of the campsites have also…