The best DRIVE IN camping near
Pakala Village , HAWAII

Most Recent Pakala Village Camping Reviews
Day spot

I highly recommend not camping here. We went for the day and it was pretty dirty. The waterfall is unreal though, that’s why we were there!

Amazing

Beautiful beach spot. I highly recommend just spending the day here. Camping is very close together and tourists are always walking close by.

Gorgeous spot to come see the water. We actually met a couple who had just got married here. We became lifelong friends with them, even to this day. They’ve come across the country to stay with us, this place will always have a place in my heart.

Beautiful!

We saw sea turtles at this beach. It was ok as far as camping. Everyone is pretty close together and tourists are always walking around and close by you. I wouldn’t say it’s ideal but it’s an experience.

Beautiful beach camping with car

Hey guys, from 07.02.2020 I have to hand over all camping equipment - tent, sleeping bag, air mattress, pillow, cutlery and travel bag - in Kauai. Please contact us if you are interested. Have fun traveling. Best wishes Isabel

Tropical paradise with a killer rip tide

This is a GREAT campground with a beautiful beach that is tucked away.  It's way up the west side of the island but worth the trip to get away from the more touristy areas.  The sites were clean and clear and there was a nice amount of privacy.  The sites are right up to the beach but be careful because the rip tide can be killer!  It's one of the scariest experiences to get stuck out in the ocean and not have the capability of swimming to shore - it's just not possible.  Please be careful because there are no lifeguards out there and stop at a store before you drive out because it's pretty far from everything.  It's the farthest you can drive clockwise before you hit the N'Pali Coast.

Get away from it ALL

LOVED a three day stay here camping on the sand and gazing out over the high bluffs to one of the best sunset views in all Hawaii. Rent a 4WD Jeep, take 80% of the air out of your tires and enjoy.

Local POV

This spot is a great spot next to a shower and restrooms. Little sketchy at first with abandoned cars everywhere and druggies rolling in late at night. Sometimes people play loud music at night. But most nights are pretty nice. A few people also camping makes me feel more safe. One night I saw another’s car next to mine gas cap off, so maybe it was siphoned. Wouldn’t always recommend for the solo tourist.

Western shore of Kauai

The showers are cold.

Glorious beach with mountains in view

rough Ocean current

Paradise

The beauty here is unbelievable. Just breath taking. A must see!