Fires Unknown
County
Haena Beach Park - Kauai is located in Hawaii
6 Reviews of Haena Beach Park - Kauai
GORGEOUS

This was one of my favorite places to visit because it was very close to the Napali Coast which has so much hiking. That is actually one of the reasons we decided to stay here. Can't get any better than staying by the beach, and having access to some of the most beautiful views and hikes in all of Kauai. The trail that we wanted to do the most was the Kalalau Trail. I would highly recommend this hike, but be sure to wear the correct shoes because it definitely gets wet and slippery. We saw some people hiking in sandals, and I just personally didnt think that was the best decision. I was wearing Salomon Trail Runners, and felt that I even was losing my footing. The views of the water is absolutely stunning, and something I am glad I was able to experience. The Haena Beach Park was great. We only stayed there one night, got up early in the morning to begin our long hike. The beach was beautiful, but it was definitely packed. Get here early to reserve your spot. We did some snorkel on the one night we stayed, and it was awesome. We saw some turtles and other wonderful water life creatures. There was a picnic grass area, cold showers, and restrooms. We camped underneath some trees which provided great shade- highly recommend that because it is warm at night. Overall, I loved it here and would have loved to stayed a bit longer!

Great family beach

Great place to camp for a few days! North shore of Kauai has got some gems and this is one for sure. There's always a bunch of people out camping on the weekends, but it never seems too crowded.

closed for time being

This campground is currently closed due to the flooding. May take a couple of months to get back to normal. Best to check in with the county of Kauai on updates 😀

the view

love the view and the beach view

Breathtaking

Everything was perfect.

Fantastic Small Campsite But Beware of Safety

We spent a night here prior to hiking the Napali Coast. We went at a busy time, so there wasn't much "shady" homeless there as you will find at many Hawaii campgrounds. But I would be careful because there is a reputation at most campgrounds.

It has great shaded spots with beach views. Note that the beach is not really swimming friendly but there is a good snorkeling beach within walking distance.

Note you need to get a permit and the park is closed for a couple hours Monday and Tuesday morning for a few hours for maintenance.

I highly recommend doing the hike to Hanakapia Beach - it is part of the Napali Coast hike, but you do not need a permit to get to it. It gives you a little taste of the coast!