Fires Unknown
County
Spencer Beach Park - Hawaii is located in Hawaii
7 Reviews of Spencer Beach Park - Hawaii
Great Beach!

My husband and I really enjoy this beach. We stayed the entire day here, and loved how close it was to restaurants and shopping places. It is located in a great spot. We got up early in the morning and did a hike nearby, then pretty much just sat our bums in the sand and water the rest of the day. We ate at a really good restaurant within walking distance of Spencer Beach Park. The park itself is really nice. There was a walking path just up from the beach that we saw a ton of people walking on, roller blading on and running. If had more time here I would have loved to walk this path to see how far it went. There were people on the grass area in the evening doing a yoga lesson which i thought was really cool. There are also good palm trees that some people put their hammocks on and relaxed in those. Wish I would have brought mine to do this! The beach was clean, they had garbage cans along the whole beach and seemed like people ere actually using them which was great! The water is beautiful and nice. We liked that the part of the beach that we were in the water was pretty calm. No life guards on duty at this one, or at least where we were. Highly recommend this beach park!

Rough rock or grass. Little for views

The oceanview here is blocked by the lar ge bathroom and covered facilities. Tends to be a more family oriented spot. Lots of big tents and barbecue grills. Decent facilities but always seems to be packed out and the crowd has been a little rough every time I've been. Generally a nice spot but more of an in and out kind of spot for me.

The beauty of the island

One of the Best on the Big Island

I camped here a few times while living on the big island and I highly suggest it!! Great access to the beach, a beautiful warm beach, nice hike access, cabana with gorgeous view, grills, tables, bathrooms, and showers. Can get really crowded which is annoying however this site is AWESOME!

Camping on the North Side of Beach

All Hawaiian beaches get crazy on the weekends and summers. It's best to visit during the week and when schools are in session, because the beaches are teeming with local families. There is plenty of places to park and the area has clean bathrooms and showers by the beach. White side, clear waters, and is known to be a place where you can swim with green sea turtles.

Get your permit ahead of time

I stayed here in 2007, and got yelled at in the morning for not having a permit. I tried to explain that as a bike tourist, I didn't know where I would end up at night, but they were not impressed.

It's ok spot, but the terrain is dust, with bedrock about two inches, down, making it hard to get my tent stakes in. When the wind kicked up before dawn, I ended up with dust in my mouth. But I was able to watch the sun set from my tent.

The showers were lukewarm outdoor style, but far better than nothing. I didn't spend much time on the nice little beach here, and instead kept moving up the coast for snorkeling and hiking.

Best place I have ever camped but maybe I was just super excited to be there. The whole place was beautiful! Would go again in a heart beat!