Fires Unknown
County
Hanamaulu Beach Park - Kauai is located in Hawaii
3 Reviews of Hanamaulu Beach Park - Kauai
An Okay Park

After spending 3 weeks in Kaui with my husband, touring lots of beaches and parks, I would say this one was probably my least favorite one. The waters were pretty rough so we Had to walk a ways to find a good spot to get in. We stayed by the beach and did some hiking around the area as well which was beautiful. We did eat at a restaurant that served some of the best fish and chips I’ve had. The hiking trails were also good nearby that had beautiful views of the ocean. The weather this day was super hot, probably the hottest day we had while being here. It did rain once for about 10 minutes and then stopped. We also noticed this beach wasn’t as busy as the others ones we went too. We went down the beach a little ways and found a place where the water wasn’t as rough and got in and did some snorkeling. We saw some really pretty fish!

Such a great place.

Staying in Kauai is a joy in itself. I love this island the best because it’s smaller, more hikes, and I love the beaches. This beach site was a great day trip that my husband and I took. We got here early because we heard this beach is pretty popular. As the day went on it definitely got very busy, so I’m glad we came early. We left the beach around 4pm and decided to do a hike that was right down the road (can’t remember the name of the hike). The hike was amazing! Pretty views at the top and it was only 3 miles round trip. VERY muddy, though! It rained the day before so it made the trail pretty muddy and wet. It was definitely worth it though when we got to the top! The beach was clean, but no life guards were on duty when we were there. I didn’t get in the water much, but my husband had a great time body boarding. Bathrooms along the beach which is nice, and they had areas you could wash your feet off on. Always great!

closed

Just a heads this camp ground is closed, day use only 😀