Fires Unknown
County
Anini Beach Park - Kauai is located in Hawaii
7 Reviews of Anini Beach Park - Kauai
North Shore Paradise

Anini Beach Park is home to a shallow section of reef with a sand bar reaching far out to it. A great place for snorkeling, fishing and crabbing, the campsites lie under a canopy of trees protecting most tents even on the stormiest of nights. Bathrooms and a fresh water shower make this well appointed campground even better. Picnic tables are everywhere and mobile so you can adjust them on the beach camp no matter where you are. Anini is closed on Tuesdays so the are can be cleaned and tended to. You can also set up larger camps on the grass a bit further from the beach but closer to parking. Permits can be acquired at the Parks and Rec offices (one in Lihue right by the airport) or by mail-in application which must be received by Parks and Rec a minimum of a month prior to your stay.

Perfect. Perfect. Perfect.

I doubt I will ever love a campground as much as I loved staying at Anini Beach. absolutely breathtaking. the reef goes on for miles. the waves are safe for little ones, and we saw countless fish, turtles and whales in the distance. There are a few locals who caused disturbance, but it’s monitored by rangers regularly so I never felt unsafe, unlike at Salt Pond. at $3/night, ON THE BEACH Hawaii camping where the waves are not going to sweep you away…. it’s PERFECT! tree cover for shade, view of the lighthouse, chickens everywhere eating all the bugs. Outdoor showers with privacy walls and bathrooms with running water and toilets. There is an outdoor sink to wash dishes and clothing. I cried when we had to leave.

Great hikes nearby!

Kauai is one of my favorite places. My husband and I went to Kauai for our honeymoon. We toured the island doing lots of hiking. We came to Anini Beach for the day and enjoyed laying by the beach, swimming and snorkeling. We also did a hike that was next to the beach. The beach was pretty busy, but luckily we got here early enough to get a spot to hang. The beach was a bit dirty, but not as dirty as some other beaches. Please pick up after yourselves!! The water was great, but there were no lifeguards on duty at this beach. I didn’t get in the water much because of this, and I was a little terrified of potential sharks! Highly recommend hiking nearby!! Bring food with you because there isn’t much food around the area.

Quiet, isolated

Quiet, isolated, nice beach. Great facilities. This is one of best locations on island

unwind

a great place to relax

Relaxing and peaceful

Besides Polihale, this is my favorite beach park to drive up and camp at on Kauai. It's a little off the main road so it's quieter than other campsites farther down. It's also safer than campsites nearer town. It's very peaceful and the water there is protected by an outer reef that makes it a family friendly swimming/snorkeling area. You don't have to worry about the tide coming in high to your campsite. There are bathrooms, drinking water, showers and a small boat launch. Enjoy!

Relaxing spot

We found a nice, shaded spot with great views. Weekday camping was pretty quiet, although I hear it gets busy on the weekends.