Viola , GEORGIA

Most Recent Viola Camping Reviews
Beautiful state park

Spacious RV/tent sites and cabins surround lake. Clean and well maintained, beautiful trails.

Wonderful spot

My wife and I camped with friends here mid week early this spring (2021). There are only a few RV sites in the campground but each one over looks the Flint River and the view is fantastic. The campground is quiet and not crowded. The bath house is clean and well kept. The staff at the “Trading Post” are very friendly and helpful.

We enjoyed the park by the river and our friends took their children on the hiking trails. Everyone had a great time. Can’t recommend this camp enough!

Cabins are simple but nice

Cabins have great views with a back porch over the bluffs (with a nice sunset vantage point). Bunk beds are fine (mattresses not that great) and plenty of space inside with extras that make them really convenient (fridge, microwave, good heating). There’s about a 6-mile loop trail overlooking the river that will provide a good workout. The recreation area down by the river is expansive enough for folks to spread out. Here in March it’s too chilly for swimming, but would likely be a nice escape in the summer. Would definitely return.

F.D. Roosevelt State Park a natural historical beauty.

This campground offers it all. Set in F.D. Roosevelt State Park you are surrounded by forest, lakes, streams, rock formations and campsites are quiet and private.  We stayed in site #114 directly on the lake.  The state reconfigured some of the sites along the lake and site #114 is no longer on a slope.  Very level space with water, electric and sewer.  Close to a very clean restroom, playground, rental boat ramp and so much more.  Everything a family could want to spend a few days in nature.  Lots to do in the area - Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, city of Columbus, Chattahoochee River, Little White House, etc.  Highly recommend this jewel in Georgia.

Stunning as can be

Wow! Mother Nature is sure the baddest of them all… This place have everything from hiking trails, camping and daily picnics, it’s not over crowded to where it’s uncomfortable but it’s so still and an essence of such a chill vibe. If I could move here I would! Clean and well kept.

If you want to go to day use they do charge 5 dollars for parking.

When camping you have free range of the water for kayaks, canoes, etc. Just NO swimming’s allowed. They have yurts, walk up tent camping and regular spots available. Nice covered areas where the group table is and grill. Each yurt spot had a table which is very nice, lantern holders and charcoal grill. That have very well and defined paths that are lighted at night. Oh and did I mention the most amazing park for your children…

Clean bathrooms and potable water and trash cans available

Super impressed and the camp host is nice.

Here are my star ratings based on my lifestyle and what I like. I'm also a mother, dog mama, and a wife so it's not just me it's my crew and i. 1 star- AUTOMATIC relocate… the property is no longer there, trashed or/and I could never have my children there and I wouldn't ever think about staying no matter what. 2 star- Not really my jam, and would NEVER go to again… It probably more of desert life and not really my style for sure…Being from Vegas I can't stand being in the desert and I love the Trees and the Green more than anything. 3 star- Would stay there again in a pinch, but not really my style, the reason its not is because not enough family things to do, the scenery, or the location… but I would go again and feel safe having my kiddos here but only if I needed to in a pinch. 4 star- a really good rating for sure, maybe needed some improvements, minor things like being on top of each other, not a lot of privacy, but honestly little cosmetic things that aren't anything to sweat and would be back again for sure. 5 star- MY FAVORITE… love the location, safety, the surroundings, big camp spots available to fit toys for my kids to play, hammocks to hang, our big family tent, cases of firewood, our suburban or RV, etcccccc….. I would not only come back but would live if I could!!! Anyway thanks for reading and enjoy every moment like it's your last! CHEERS!

Very well kept

Really clean. Plenty of bath houses. A number of sites directly on the lake are tent only, or very very small pull behinds. Lots of hiking but its not marked out very well. Especially if GPS brings you in the back entrance. The center to check in is about 1.5 miles from there and no signs clearly tell you were to go. But otherwise this is a beautiful place.

So nice and renovated

We camped here May 2020 and it was our first trip in the new trailer. Arrived in the fog at night and realized we didn’t have cell service around our site but I was proud that we conquered the backing up and hooking up with no issues. We were impressed by all their new updates to the campground, and it was just a beautiful campsite where we were I believe it was S5 in the #1 campground loop. We were also impressed by the mountain bike trails. We heard they were updating the WiFi soon after we stayed, so looking forward to going back.

Had a blast

We had such a great time. We stayed at the lower improved campground and enjoyed it. The RV next to us said the upper improved campground is even nicer, but because they are gated, we couldn't drive through to see. Because they are gated, there is little traffic driving through. We enjoyed the playground and the lake with the kids. This is a place we will be back for sure.

Hiking with the boys

After seeing so many massive mountains out west this was a little disappointing but still fun!

Great Park

Camped in upper level and found site clean,level and quiet. Good hiking trails. Great place in Spring and Fall.