About Whitetail Ridge Campground

Whitetail Ridge Campground is a waterfront facility on the western shore of West Point Lake, which spans parts of Alabama and Georgia.

This man-made lake has 525 miles of shoreline that provide excellent opportunities for fishing, camping, boating and other recreational activities.

US Army Corps of Engineers
Whitetail Ridge Campground is located in Georgia
-85.1917 W
Directions
From Lagrange, Georgia, travel west on State Route 109 for about 7 miles. After crossing the first bridge across the lake, travel approximately one more mile, then turn left onto Thompson Road. After a mile, bear left and watch for the sign.
7 Reviews of Whitetail Ridge Campground
spacious sites!

We tent camped here on site 23 in February 2015. Sites were spacious and spread apart! Almost all sites were on West Point lake or had lake views. Bath house was clean but a very long walk! They need a few more so it's not so far from some sites. We will be back!

Very Nice C.O.E. Campground on Lake

This is another fantastic campground and recreation area located on West Point Lake near Lagrange, GA. We stayed in site # 10 which is waterfront with lots of privacy. The bath houses were clean and centrally located with ample parking areas, there are other toilet only facilities throughout the park. The sites did not have sewer connections but were equipped with electrical, water, a table and fire ring. The area is very well maintained and the roads are paved which provides good areas for walking and bike riding. We stayed here in an A-Frame trailer and really enjoyed the area, we will stay here again and recommend this area for quiet and relaxing camping.

There are many restaurants and shopping areas nearby in Lagrange. We had good cell coverage with Verizon including data, there was also very good over the air TV coverage.

Love this Campground

Love this Campground, stay there so much the staff Knows me by name. Beautiful , peaceful and very quiet . Great place for My grandson and I.

Peaceful Lakeside

Grear Campground right on the water. We slid our kayaks in right by our campsite. Very clean and friendly staff. Only complaint was there were ants everywhere. We brought quite a few home with us.

I Woke Up in Paradise

This was a last minute, fly-by-the seat-of-my-pants stop. I always search for Corps of Engineers parks because they are usually in beautiful settings, well maintained & peaceful.

I arrived late afternoon in a raging rainstorm so was lucky to find my campsite, hook up my electric & water, dried off & took a nap. I awoke to birdsong and that slanted sun, pre-dusk light that is so soothing to the soul. I was surrounded by green. So I set up camp & went exploring.

My site was one of the few not on the water. West Point Lake has over 500 miles of shoreline and 4 COE campgrounds. Whitetail Ridge is the most beautiful campground I have ever visited. There are many pull-through waterfront sites (my preference since I still have trouble backing in) and many more back in sites with steps down to the lake if not located at water level. The shower houses are older but clean and as with all COE parks the infrastructure is well maintained and spotless. It was too cold and windy for kayaking but there were plenty of boats & fishermen out on the water.

I am a 69 year old woman who camps solo so safety and cleanliness are most important - as well as beauty & serenity. Whitetail Ridge was a wonderful experience and exploring the surrounding towns was fun - plenty to see and do. I loved every minute of my stay & can’t wait to return.

We visit Whitetail atleast 5 times a summer and have always had a wonderful experience

absolutely peaceful and relaxing environment

Small, Lakeside Campground

The Freeman Road loop campsites are in close proximity to each other, with the restrooms, showers, and laundry facilities close by at the end of the lane. This is a great spot for family group camping.