The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Dogwood Hills Camping Reviews
Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Great views of Chattahoochee

Wonderful walks, good fishing most of the year. Can be heavily used at times.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Many trials

Fort Yargo is a bit of history for Georgia, restored cabin from 1792. Boating, hiking, camping and cabins with another area that is a private resort. Lots of room 1816 acres, 16 cabins, 6 yurts. Many tent and trailers spots. #34 has full hookups. There is a nice pavilion and a fairly new welcome center. It is easy to get to and there is playgrounds for the young ones.

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Family Park

This park is just renovated, the bathhouses are clean nice and big.. The sites are pretty big, shaded, no level but not too bad I'm always prepared,and we'll mainteined. It has has 2 dump stations. The park has a nice hiking trails and bikes trails, dog friendly.

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Manicured but nice!

This place is great if you still want some of the comforts of home. Water spouts are dropped around the sites and there is a bathhouse with showers and hot water accessible to all who camp there! The sites for tent camping are fairly close together-you can definitely see the next site because there aren’t a whole lot of trees but still far enough away to feel comfortable. The tent spots have gravel that is hard to get tent states into but also include a picnic table and a fire pit. Wood can be purchased for $5 from the host but you can also forage from the fallen trees on site. You may have to search around a bit but it worked well enough for my crew.

The lake was so beautiful even in the middle of winter and was such a great spot to camp. Some hikes are close by but none are big for elevation changes or waterfalls or anything like that. Still lots of places to go and get off your campsite. Maybe the best part of this park is the disc golf! My crew enjoyed the course and spent a few good hours there!

I would definitely come back and maybe try out one of the tent sites in the woods for a bit more privacy.

State Park with plenty to do

Ft Yargo is located about 45 miles NE of Atlanta in Winder, Ga. We camped there for four nights and while the weather was cold the campground was full. Plenty of things to do here that include bike and hiking trails, boat rentals, mini golf, geocaching and more! Walmart and several restaurants are minutes away should you need them.