Brookside, DELAWARE
Most Recent Brookside Camping Reviews
Amazingly fun campground

Stayed here only 1 night but it was beautiful and comfortable.

Quiet Place

We stayed this past week, very quiet clean campground. The gnomes were fun to find. There was enough to keep our son busy with the pools and playgrounds. You can hear the quarry some but it's not horrible. Only down fall was our site had no shade…..but our friends did so we were able to get relief from the sun. The concrete pad was great though, especially when it rained.

Campground had a great fishing lake

We liked camping here. My kids went fishing and every cast they caught a fish, some were small… but hey the kids had fun. The sites are smaller and you definitely want to be on the top of the hill or right below the country store. The people from Sites 100 - 116 we mad, it rained and the water ran down hill. These people had a mess at there sites. We stayed at Site 15 and it was OK. The bath houses were a little different, you have to pay $.25 to take a shower. We weren't expecting that! But the pool was nice, they had bingo and a band palying both nights, horseback riding and the fishing lake was great. We will definitely be going back again. I heard Halloween weekend is great ;-) !

Loooove it

It's really chill for a place not far away

Everything

From the moment I pulled in and observed how large the sites were, I was hooked. Bike trails, Going Ape, kayaking and peaceful. Planing my next trip

Relaxing getaway

Our family enjoys the secluded sites and peaceful atmosphere. Access to many hiking locations.

Breathtaking

Rv sites are huge and private, not on top of one another. Beach, boat ramp, hike to the lighthouse with incredible views of the 2 rivers and bay. If you boat and camp, it's perfect. Nature center, great store, clean, well maintained and staffed for a state park. Nice beach. So much to do. They do have a no alcohol policy unless you are inside a cabin or RV, but unless you get stupid, no one bothers you. Can't wait to go back.

Rated at one of top trails of 2018!

Awesome trails near Philadelphia. Great way to get out of the city. Love it here!

Family camping close to Dutch Wonderland

Family cabins available, tent sites are small. Clean parks with a small stream. Next to Dutch Wonderland, showers are nice, laundry facilities available. Enjoyed our time but only because we were going to the park, not a campground to visit if your looking for quiet and isolation.

Small but quaint

Small campground with tent sites that are close together. Cleanly run close to Lancaster shopping and Amish country

Favorite local spot for tent camping

We have camped here with our two boys, 20 & 17 for the past 7 years. It is a favorite for all of us. Cleanest bathrooms, friendly staff and lots of privacy between sites. We found the perfect tent site 397A. Completely secluded and right on a running stream. Bit of a hike from the bathrooms but worth it.

Nice private park

Clean bathrooms. Friendly park with events and trails and Great Lake to boat.

Odd

Odd place for a campground

Beautiful scenery

I love this place! Large sites, clean bathrooms, lots of hiking trails

Nice!

Nice place, not a campground

A little crowded

Good campground, has a couple residents that keep watch. Can get a little crowded on weekends. Each has a fire pit, and there is a store on site that sells general campground supplies (fire starter, hot dogs, band aids). Has a great walking trail to an awesome lighthouse that overlooks the Chesapeake Bay.

Sometimes corporate is good

We loved it here. Clean, well managed, lots of great amenities, tons to do. This place is run by a publicly traded company that seems to have their systems in place to make things work. We had a great time.

Not a bad place

It was our first trip of the year last week of April

Nice Campground!

Weekend stay here and instead of leaving on Sunday, we booked another day. Great swimming pool, immaculately clean bathrooms and showers. Well wooded campground with friendly staff and guests. The only minor complaint is that the camp store was sparsely supplied. B+ little gem of a campground.

Love it!

Wow! Truly nice Hugh quiet sites. Lots of shade, animal friendly, big pond, excellent zip line fun for beginners and experienced. I’m spoiled after this weekend

Beautiful place, awesome people

I loved this campground! I'm not a huge fan of the "go find a site" policy they have, but it worked out fine. I got an amazingly large site with a nice fire pit and picnic table. The site was very level so that was great! Nice indoor and outdoor pools! Cable TV isn't free, but I never use it anyway. Wifi too isn't free and only available is certain areas. Verizon cell service is weak but useable. I'll definitely be back!

Great park ; quiet

Really enjoyed this campground. Quiet; campsites weren’t on top of each other; had your own space. Hot water was out while we were there so showers were a bit cold but it’s summer/hot so it wasn’t really a problem. Lots of things to do near by and so close to the water.

Awesome place for kids

We just got back from this campground after spending 5 nights there. The water park is super fun for adults and kids. The entire campground is clean and very well maintained.

Family trip with 2 young children

Great spot for family camping. My wife and I took our 4 year old son and 6 year old daughter to Muddy Run in late May. Perfect for a 1-2 day trip where you do not feel like leaving the campground. We found that there is plenty to do on the grounds for everyone. Cheap boat rentals, disc golf and soccer golf courses, snack bar with ice cream and to top off the whole thing they even have a observatory on site where you can star gaze. The observatory is open to public once a month, we recommend you plan your trip around this. We watched a movie indoors and then went outside for a family friendly lecture/learning session where we were able to look through the giant telescope. The bathrooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and laid back. Campsites are close together which we did not mind because we were gone most of the day. We will certainly be back. Bonus- check out Pinnacle Overlook if you are close to this area!!

Absolutely Beautiful

This campground is amazing. I brought my family (4 children - 8 yrs, 6 yrs, 2 yrs, 3 months) and we had a great week. The pool is new and has a sloped entrance so my two year old could play by himself and loved it. The new bathhouse has better restrooms than my own home! Everything is clean and well managed. Our tent site was shady and spacious and the landscape made the campground an even better experience. They did such a great job… gorgeous flowers! Playground was close and the store was even open until 9:00. Workers were friendly and very helpful.

Wooded wonderland

Large campground with RV sites and Tent only. Wooded area lots of activities. Surprise find was the “camp store” . Amazing variety aisles full of any and everything you could possibly need (or not).

Cool, Family oriented

Well maintained

Nice hiking & fishing areas around with gorges views

Not recommend for big loud groups.

Campground is a little outdated and where the overnight people are is separated from the seasonal people the closest bathhouse is a 10 min walk from where we were the portapotty they had down near the overnighters ( where we where ) smelled horrendous I could not have imagined camping next to it but people did the only plus is they have a swimming pool and pond and it’s very laidback and quiet

Awesome!

A little pricey but worth it! We had full hook up with a great site! This place has cool novelty places to rent out as well. Pools were fantastic. Friendly staff. We already booked again!!!