Standard (Tent/RV)
About The Loose Caboose Campground

The Loose Caboose Campground is a 26-acre campground located in the heart of Pennsylvania Amish Country in beautiful Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We are a second generation family-owned campground proudly serving the needs of Overnight and Weekly campers for over 30 years. The campground is well-known for its large, secluded wooded sites, yet has the distinction of being located just minutes away from many popular tourist destinations(See“Nearby Attractions”) and special area events(i.e. Day out with Thomas the Tank Engine, Annual Rough and Tumble Thresherman’s Reunion, Bird-in-Hand Community Days, etc). We are surrounded by gorgeous Amish farmlands and also offer an excellent view of the passing Amish Buggies and the Amtrak/Conrail mainline. For this exact reason, part of the campground property was actually used in shooting some of the opening scenes of the 1985 Movie“Witness” starring Harrison Ford and Kelly McGillis. We are proud to be members of the Pennsylvania Campground Owners Association (PCOA), the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC), the Lancaster County Tourist and Visitor’s Center Bureau (LCTVCB), and The Chester County Visitor Bureau. We have just over 70 beautiful sites, the majority of which offer full hookup utilities. Many of our sites are even open all year round. We are able to accommodate most campers’ needs- having spaces available for everything ranging in size from smaller primitive tent camp sites to the largest Big Rigs and Park Model vacation homes. Our heated Bathhouse offers free hot showers and is open to patrons throughout the camping season. Limited on-site services (available upon request) include: minor RV repair and troubleshooting, trailer leveling and blocking, winterization and local trailer transport. We are also a kid and pet friendly campground. Please also ask about our Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts camping programs for your local Den/Troop activity needs. Our mission is to make your stay here as enjoyable and peaceful as possible. There is so much to see and do in this famous tourist area that you will never be bored. Even if your goal is just to sit around the campfire and have a nice, relaxing, break from the world, we can offer that as well. We would be happy to recommend local area restaurants, activities and attractions for you to visit during your stay with us. We look forward to assisting you in making the most of your visit to this extremely popular vacation destination.

Price

2 Sites

The Loose Caboose Campground is located in Pennsylvania
3 Reviews of The Loose Caboose Campground
Memorial Day weekend 2020

Nice area to camp. I have a 33 ft Rockwood pull behind. Regular site (not pull through) was snug to park in. Once parked and setup, site was nice with full hook up and fire ring. Very little for children to do. Playground on lowest level of mountain but no pool, ball court, game room, etc. And very snug coming down mountain to leave with a long rig

Quiet w/ spacious sites

No frills or extras at the campground, but great place to set up camp! This campground has spacious level sites with gravel pads, full hookups, and fire rings. A great location to stay in proximity to lots of Lancaster attractions/activities. Owners were both very helpful and friendly. The campground is currently offering a Coronavirus Camper Stimulus package (see their website for promotions) based on the PA re-opening phases when we went. This made an already affordable campground even more affordable while allowing people the opportunity to get out of the house and enjoy nature.

Some great hiking and biking trails nearby not to mention a nice area to walk in the woods at the top of the campgrounds mountain. We specifically went to two different sections of the Enola Low Grade Trail about 20 & 30 minutes away. Our favorite was along the Susquehanna River in Manor Township.

This isn't a resort, but if you need a place to wind down, have a fire w/ some peace and quiet, and camp this place is nice. Some rundown trailers and an old falling apart house in the campground that take away from it's beauty is the only reason I gave it a 4.

We have a 31' travel trailer and we had Site 62 at top of mountain which we fit into fine. The sites are mostly back-in sites. All the sites at the top were just as awesome!

Not what it seems!

Own a 30 ft fleet wood pull behind and had to back into my space.  Came to the area for fall to see the colors of Amish country.  Electric tripped daily and even burnt about 7 ft of my 30amp cord and ruined my plug.  Response from owner was “I sell them in my gift shop”.  I was more than ticked off and left that same week when I got my electric bill.  They gave me a printout that said I used almost 60 dollars in electric in a week. I use propane for heat and hot water and never had a bill over 40

In my 7 years of owning this camper.  So please be prepared for disappointment with this facility and staff.  Location and setting is amazing but that’s it