Camping in Morgan

Recent Tents Reviews Near Morgan, Colorado

439 Reviews of 118 Morgan, Colorado Campgrounds

jThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Super beautiful especially in fall

Super beautiful spot. Somewhat dispersed. There are only 4 spots here. Definitely stop here if you’re coming or going from/to Great Sand Dunes

Kirk M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Sand for months!

Get ready to clean sand out of your self and gear for months! Classic CO destination. Sea of Sand! Lots to do!

Sitedispersed
Wes S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Quiet Rio Grand river sites

River spots are nice. Water and power but there is a dump station. Rio Grand River at your door step. Sites 1 through 18. Very relaxing Staff is friendly and helpful. Would definitely slay here again.

Site14 and 2.
J
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

It’s a parking lot

I got to my “campsite” in the overflow tent section… it was literally a giant open dirt lot. No trees, no picnic tables, just sad fire pits and nothing else. I didn’t even end up staying the night here. I drove to Great Sand Dunes Oasis and got a site with actual trees and a table. If I had wanted…

SiteOT 11
Bob D.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

GREAT SANDS DUNES NATIONAL PARK

Stayed in Pinon Flats Campground and has a great site. Don't be surprised if a deer wants to share your site, there are many running around. Clean rest rooms and not far from the Parks entrance.

• Campsite
  • Dunes in the background taken from Outlook Trail Hike
  • Video from Outlook Trail
    Play button icon
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Great service!

The staff really make this place five stars. So sweet and helpful and welcoming! Amenities are fine, pool was closed during our post-labor day visit. Store is well stocked and they have a pizza shop on site that can be delivered to your campsite. Really good pizza!! The sites are typical KOA-…

Troy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Great View of Great Sand Dunes nat'l Park and good location

The campground is very close to the entrance to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and the campground has a great view of the sand dunes as well.  I give it high praises for having free showers - a must after visiting the sand dunes.  Additionally, it is super dark at night-time...I had to take my…

K

Great Family Spot

I have not been camping here in years until recently. As a kid my whole family (grandparents, aunt and uncles, and cousins would all go here for a week at a time. I recently took my family for an overnight on our way up into the mountains for in the woods camping. They loved it and it was just as I…

Sitedon’t remember
J.R. B.The Dyrt PRO User

Wonderful weekend!

This was a wonderful spot! We tent camped with our family of 4 for 4 nights. Camp hosts were awesome too! We haven’t ever done a site with no shower so that’s the only reason it didn’t get a 5 star. But! The river made for great bathing :-D

Nearby to tons of hiking spots and great outdoors…

• campfire donuts
    Play button icon
Jacob B.

Large party Group

The area is small but there a few ponds I wouldn’t call them lakes full of trout. Lots of trash in the area looks like a trailer park where you could but meth wish the state would in force laws up in this parts The roads around and leading to are washboard and washed out in places from the rain

Sitedidn’t stay too much trash
A
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

UFO Watchtower is a must see!

The camp host was very friendly! It’s such a unique place in CO, you should really check it out. The star gazing is amazing as well! Will come back again.

K

Great weekend getaway

Quite National Forest camp ground that is a pay per night. Site has a nice creek and offers lots of hiking. Vault toilets and several water fountains. No electricity. Lots of wildlife in the area.

• just up the hill from camp site
Site can’t remember
R

Nice Place

Close by the Sand Dunes. The showers and laundromat are pretty clean. Very cool pools and greenhouse.

KThe Dyrt PRO User

Very Nice Place

Great amenities and in close proximity to Great Sand Dune National Park. Their pool is nice and warm which is great for an afternoon swim. Great place would visit again.

Noah E.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Cozy camping

Went to the Sand Dunes on 8/28-8/29. Reserved a campsite in the recreation.gov app a few days prior after watching for a while. We got site 29. Big enough for an rv but we only have a tent. The bear box was literally right next to the tent pad lol. There's restrooms with sinks for dishwashing. I…