Camping in Dove Hill

502 Reviews of 66 Dove Hill, Colorado Campgrounds

Daniel A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Great camping

Awesome spots and great scenery. One of my favorite local spots.

Troy C.The Dyrt PRO User

Very Close to Denver / Boulder

This campground is very close to the Denver / Boulder area so it is easy to get to for me.  The kids enjoyed camping here.  There are most of the basics and the restrooms are clean.  The only negative I have to say is that it is closer to home and the city than I prefer to be but other than that it…

• Water nearby our campsite
    Play button icon
Kirk M.The Dyrt PRO User

Kind of plain

Seems like there are better places to camp with more beauty. Not a ton of trees.

SiteStte Park
Nathan C.The Dyrt PRO User

Dakan dispersed

Tough road if wet but in good weather it's a great spot that is really secluded

Bill M.

CO state park camping

We loved Rev Ridge and Golden Gate canyon SP. Numerous hiking trails. Excellent facilities. Accommodating campground hosts. Nederland, Blackhawk, Boulder CO. Stayed on 46, 56, and 51 during a 5 nite stay. Great sites. All pull thrus.

• site 46
  • site 46
  • hiking
Faith M.

Amazing place!

A great place to start! My husband and I are new to RVing . So we came here to organize and get the feel before we take off on our adventure. Close to the cites and other mountain towns. Views are amazing. Staff is so friendly and helpful. We caught lots of beautiful trout. The space was great…

• Colorado living at it's best!
  • Million dollar views!
  • spacious campsites
Ginny D.

Peace and beauty

Diamond Campground has it all. Kind staff, large sites, clean and a view of Pike's Peak from the gate.

R

Not the best

There are no bathrooms, showers, and sewer hookups. If you want to stay there for one or two days I think it’s ok… But little pricey for no amenities.

KThe Dyrt PRO User

Poor sites

The campsite that I had was very uneven. It was practically a down hill slope. I had a hard time getting my camper level. This campground does not have any amenities. No bathrooms, no showers, no hookups. The camp hosts are nice enough. They also lock their dump station so when you want to check…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Enjoyable night's stay by the river

Not much to report - stayed the night - visited briefly with the host - would consider returning another time.

Worth noting that Verizon has *no* service at this site – not sure how to update the "unknown" status

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Easy and Pretty

Right on the river, exactly as I hoped. Backed my car up to the barrier and had a lovely time. Outhouses. Trash dumpster. Peaceful and perfect for relaxing. Lovely views, and did I mention you can just walk all over in the river?

• Play button icon
Troy C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

In the middle of Denver - Dark at night - decent park for camping

I stayed here with a boy scout troop.  The park itself is nice and well organized.  Campsites are spaced out and all amenities are available depending on what type of site you stay at - RV or Tent.  The only drawback for me is that it's in the middle of town and it feels like that to me.  If you…

Month of VisitDecember
MoHoRV ..The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Nicely spaced, electric & water & dump station

Pleasantly surprised. We had overnighted in a park in Elizabeth a month ago. That place was shaded, but this lesser known campground has more privacy. And hey, they a rodeo last night

Dry camping is $15, electric & water $25

DATA t-mobile 5G 144mbps, 48 mbps up No data on Cricket Visible is…

• Play button icon
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Fun spot

This is a beautiful National forrest campground. It has only 2 electric sites. You are a short hike to Lake Manitou where you can go fishing and non motorized boating (swiming is not allowed). Water is available but not in individual sites.

s
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Total dump - run away!

Total dump - trash strewn everywhere, potholes on the pads, noise from the highway and the industrial plant spewing chemicals, deferred maintenance everywhere - you’d do better sleeping on the side of the road b/c you won’t sleep well in this dump