Camping in August

26 Reviews of 10 August Campgrounds

Ken M.
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2021

New Hogan Lake

For the price ($20) it's not bad. Plenty of shade. Nice and pieceful. My only gripe was the shower. Some didn't have enough water pressure and others didn't work at all. Right now the boat ramp at acorn is about half a mile from the water.

• Coffee smells best when you're camping.
SiteA6
Month of VisitDecember
Julian H.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Party lake

Out in Central valley is Woodward Lake. Great for a day trip if you live in the Bay area and want to get away. They have boat access to the lake. My favorite thing about this lake campsite is almost every campsite is connected to the lake so if you have boat or jetski bring it up to the site after…

Site3a
C
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Spring and fall

It’s best in the spring and fall. It’s nice and quiet and the spots are not too close to each other. Staff is nice and grounds are clean.

Sitedon’t remember
Month of VisitOctober
Robin B.
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2021

Great people, pristine grounds

This campground is not far from our home but we are new to camping with all of our kids. The sites are nice sized on a large grassy property with some farm animals and large lavender garden. The owners are extremely kind and welcoming. It almost felt like a large family reunion. They want you to…

Mike C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 22, 2021

Gateway to the Delta

Lots of fishing and boating activities. Campsites are spaced out. Easy access to the water. Family favorite.

Lisa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 9, 2020

On the Bay

Nice park. Very quiet in late Nov. Bathrooms were closed. Couldn’t Find any trails. Good for one night.

Karissa M.
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2020

Simple and easy going

Not a whole lot of people when I visited in March— pros and cons to having the campground to myself. A lot of privacy but almost a little to much privacy as a woman. Set up my tent near a couple as I was bike packing down US 1 for some protection. Fire wood available but I was able to find some…

JAVIER J.
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2020

Ultimate Camping

Reminds me a lot of the Modesto reservoir. I enjoy this location because it has stores nearby. I always need to take extra blankets and fire wood. It tends to get chilly and windy occasionally. Make sure to bring sunblock! Some Roads are dirt so bring goood water shoes or sandals.

MarinMaverick The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2020

Access To The Delta

I am a tent camper and there are some good tent sites here.  A bit open so can be windy but pick your site.

Access to the Delta with a boat ramp.  Access to fishing all around you. Beyond water sports not a lot to do here but relax. Or go fly a kite.

Ed S.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2020

Near Sacramento river

This is a big campground with everything you need for boating and fishing. They have a big boat launch for easy launching. They closed their boat berths because they were rotting. They have one cabin with electricity. It has a bunk bed And a queen. Bring air mattresses cause they are just wooden…

SiteCabin
Melissa B.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2020

Hot but nice

We camped here in late June. The campground was quiet and well maintained. There is camping right on the water. There is not a lot of shade however and it is very hot in the summer and fall. Perfect for a night away or like we used it for, a trial trip with the kids.

R
Reviewed May. 21, 2020

Accessible and Family Oriented

Brannan Island is conveniently located from SF Bay Area. Great for families. Plenty of roads to bike out / back. Love being close to the water for recreation. Clean facilities. Can be windy. Since easy access it is busy, sometimes more noise in evenings to my liking. It's a great option for…