Camping in August

Month of VisitApril
Ken M.
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2021

New Hogan Lake

For the price ($20) it's not bad. Plenty of shade. Nice and pieceful. My only gripe was the shower. Some didn't have enough water pressure and others didn't work at all. Right now the boat ramp at acorn is about half a mile from the water.

• Coffee smells best when you're camping.
SiteA6
Month of VisitDecember
Julie D.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

Good times

We stayed here for a weekend on a whim in September, and there were a good amount of sites to pick from. We had a view of the lake and some shade at our site, and it was relatively quiet, so we were happy. The lake level was pretty low.

Chuck P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2021

Great Place to Christen Our 2017 Micro Minnie Travel Trailer

Nice, peaceful well maintained campground that is within 30 minutes of our home for our first outing with our new travel trailer. Well kept secret! Very busy on the weekends but very quiet and peaceful during our one night during the week. A great place for novice and experienced sailors and…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Great spot close to Sacramento

Have stayed here a couple of times while visiting family. Sites are large and well spaced, grounds are well maintained and has a gated entrance to filter day users and campers.

m
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Solitary and Smokey

My first time towing my Airstream into a campground and I was glad the place was deserted. Not one single other camper. It got even more smoky the next day. I appreciated the water at the site. The lake really low, like all lakes in Cali.

D
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2021

New RVers

It's an easy to navigate park with many sites on the water. But beware of the bees!

• RV Park
  • Lake Camanche
SiteMonument RV Park
Julie E.
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2021

Lake Life

We’ve been camping here for 10 years now. Always 4+ campsites for 4-5 days around July 4th weekend (reserve at least 6months out) to start our year off. And at least once a month thru Sept/Oct. So far It’s been a fantastic place for our families to meet and have fun together. Water is really nice!!…

• Sugarloaf campground
    Play button icon
  • Lake Life
Julian H.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Party lake

Out in Central valley is Woodward Lake. Great for a day trip if you live in the Bay area and want to get away. They have boat access to the lake. My favorite thing about this lake campsite is almost every campsite is connected to the lake so if you have boat or jetski bring it up to the site after…

Site3a
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Sun fan camp spot

Amazing location, so close to water. It gets hot in the sun gets intense, make sure to bring shade and you will enjoy every minute. Also bring bug spray, lots of spiders and lots of ants but that is the outdoors, just come prepared

c
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

You get what you pay for

An ok campground. We went in June and it was ferociously hot. There are shade trees but they aren’t great. Water spigots on our campsite we’re great. We have a travel trailer and discovered that unfortunately the only way to back into our site meant that our door & awning faced away from the…

Marielen B.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Lots of fun

Great RV CAMP near me!

C
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Spring and fall

It’s best in the spring and fall. It’s nice and quiet and the spots are not too close to each other. Staff is nice and grounds are clean.

Sitedon’t remember
Jovani M.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Acorn Campground

My experience has always been good ones for the few times I’ve been there. Always a good time with friends and also the rangers checking. Clean bathrooms and also the spots to camp.

• Full moon at the lake was beautiful and the weather perfect. no mosquitoes too
  • My camping set up.
Site92 and 87
Patty R.
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Groovy

Way huge depths of camp ground area... Water is nice excluding the dirty appearance it was fun taking the boat out there