Gibson, ARKANSAS

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Gibson Camping Reviews
Unfortunate name, cool place

On the bank of the Arkansas River, great access to water. Good boat ramp, picnic tables and RV sites. Very clean, bring your mosquito repellent.

Clean and well kept

Nice campgrounds. Not my favorite lake to fish but great for family day camping or staying several nights.

Nice facility, Corp managed

Clean, family friendly, plenty of room. Temps above 50* mean stock up on big repellent. Sits on the banks of the Arkansas River. Great place until the Corp closes it down for weather or political reasons. I’d give more than three stars but the Corp has a poor track record keeping parks open.

Nice place, not my cup of tea

Campsites were very nice but a little closely stacked. Very steep decline to the waters edge. No mosquitoes which is half a point itself.

One of my favorites

Great campground on the bank of the Little Red River; a cold water, world class trout fishery. Great bath, picnic and fishing access. USFWS trout hatchery on site. One of my favorite campgrounds. Shady and cool in the hot Arkansas summer and protected from the wind for a great camping trip.

Lake Catherine

Loved camping here. Quiet and friendly.

So much to do!!

My Favorite Place!! So much to do!! Love staying in the yurts!! Lots of trails to hike!! Extremely affordable!! Breath taking views!!

I could live here!

The location of this campground is incredible! So incredible, that I am trying to figure out a way to go every weekend! I am a river girl, so this is my heaven. The campground is broken up into different sections. The front sections A, B & C are closer to the river and have better river views. We stayed in section D. There is about 100 yards of trees between you and the river, so I doubt you get river views during the summer, but you can see the river during leaf off.

The bathrooms are older, but they were clean. Our site had electric and water hook ups. No sewer.

You can access the river and trout fish right from the campground. This is also a day use area, so the boat ramp and fishing pier are pretty busy during the day. The fish hatchery is also on site and is worth stopping by and spending a few minutes here (free).

The Collins Creek Trail is also accessible from the campground. No need to drive to the trailhead. Take the trail that starts where the bridge crosses from Section C to D closer to the back of the campground. It is worth the short hike. There was plenty of water flowing over the cascades during January, but I have been told that it is pretty dry during the Summer.

If you are wanting to eat a local dinner, I highly recommend checking out Lindsey's Resort that is near by. I believe the restaurant is only open on the weekends. We went on a Friday night and did not have too long of a wait. The food was excellent!

Close to Buffalo River National Park

6 full hook up sites, pull thru 50 amp. Sites are close together but I am the only one here.

Closed

Toad Suck is temporarily closed. June 2019 flood deviated it and looks to remain closed thru 2020.