Standard (Tent/RV)
Contact
Kettle Campground is located in Arkansas
3 Reviews of Kettle Campground
Primative camping

Large camping spots with a shower house and restrooms

Nice family campground.

Great campground. Nice restrooms. Pool for kids. Close to eureka attractions. Trolley stops in campground as well which was awesome.

Older campground with small improvements for overnight or long term stay

When coming to Eureka Springs there are a lot of accommodation options. Best known for their many bed and breakfast options and historic hotels, many tend to gravitate toward those options. However, like always, I was looking for something for those seeking a tent option. I was not supposed to notice more than a few popped up in this destination. I settled on Kettle Campground, a camp which has been a staple in Eureka Springs for years and actually used to be the location my family camped when I was younger.

Upon arriving to Kettle around 5 p.m. offices were closed already for the day, but a board outside the office displayed openings for the evenings alongside camp maps and rules. I found a tent site in the primitive area and made my way to it along gravel roadways.

I noticed a lot of long term campers in RVs at this location alongside overnighters, both options which are made available to those requiring full hook ups. As I neared the tent area I was the only one, coming mid week impacted this I am sure but it made for a quite and pleasant stay on the grounds

Small branches abounded for starter wood for fires and firewood was being sold at the front entrance as well for campfires. As I cleared away small twigs from my tent pad area I noticed the ground was soft enough for my tent stakes yet still a bit rocky.

It was indeed a primitive site in feeling in that it wasn't as even as the rv of hook up sites for tents. The terrain was a bit more rugged and the parking was a bit questionable had I have been there with others as it did not have an exact marked spot.

After assembling my tent, I did a quick walk through of the facilities which included a laundry area, bathhouse, pavilion, pool and recreational area. Many improvements had been made since my younger years camping here. Overall the sites were clean as I walked around. I did notice someone had left the bathhouse women's door open and in going in it appeared a few bugs had come in the night before as bugs do when they see light. Nothing scary or uncommon for a campground but I tend to be a little mindful of other things which could find their way in as well when I notice this, though it appeared all good.

I elected to swim in the pool which has opening hours during daylight. I was undisturbed when doing so by any other campers and despite the pool having highway frontage it did not appear loud.

The next morning when I woke I made it to the office to pay for my site and office staff was incredibly friendly and informative. I noticed a variety of services were available in the office including wifi, trolly tickets and movie rentals.

🐰🐰🐰⚪️⚪️

All in all I give this campground 3 of 5 Bunnies. The main reason for the drop in rating was the campsites being unmarked making it hard to determine parking and actual camp boundaries for tent campers. In addition, the roadway in and out of the tent area was a bit washed out and so it made for a very off road feel versus the other roads throughout being more even, almost as though the single road was an afterthought on maintenance because they do not host as many tent campers.

The overall improvements to the camp were amazing to see and I hope in the future the small

Improvements to the tent area can be attained to create a perfect camping experience for tent campers like myself. The staff made my stay very pleasant and relaxed and the overall experience was a positive one.

Year 2021 Flag