Camping in Piedmont

204 Reviews of 47 Piedmont, Arizona Campgrounds

N P.
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Cute & appointed

Close drive to town and our van backed up to a picturesque rock face so we slept with the back doors open. No bugs. Hot but cool enough to sleep with a few fans. Little trail from the grounds to the larger lake trail paths. Laundry and clean showers.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Good place to set up

Good place to set up while hitting some trails here in AZ!

Month of VisitMarch
Peter H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 31, 2021

Nice and quiet

Small campground only 20 sites maybe. Quiet with nearby hiking and biking even a little lake.

Sitesite 10
Melissa S.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Beautiful in Pines

Great campground. Driving distance or short walk to lake. No Verizon cell service.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Will not stay here again

This campground isn’t well managed. Every day we stayed there, people were shuffling their rigs around. The flow of traffic is off, causing more confusion. The campground didn’t look like what we saw in the pictures when we booked.

Month of VisitApril
Andy K.
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice lake site near Phoenix

This is a great site to camp if you are like me and need to look at water every now and then. It’s popular and can be crowded. Noise used to be a real issue, but it seems to be better lately. Facilities are usually pretty clean. Though it’s not my favorite campsite, it’s a regular one for me…

Siteunsure
Month of VisitApril
Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 19, 2021

Nice trails and views just west of Phoenix

This is my go-to local campground, a quick 20 minute drive, and I’ve been camping here for years! The facilities are always clean, and the other campers are generally quiet and respectful here. The sites are spaced out nicely, and it has never felt crowded to me even during the busy season.

SiteI’ve stayed at many.
Month of VisitMarch
Maddi G.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Dispersed, but neighbors are close

The site was beautiful and lots of trees. There is signal, but as of May 5th 2021 there is a no camp fire rule! This is every campsite, just thought I would share!

Kira M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Open spaces

Beautiful and dark and quiet. No one out here. Close enough to explore Sedona during the day.

Siteágua fria basin
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 13, 2021

great location

We spent the weekend with our daughter here.  It was in a great location with a short walk to Watson Lake.  Born to Be Wild Adventures was great!  We ordered 2 kayaks and had a great day on the lake (www.b2bwild.com).  It is high desert with lots of wind and dust in the campground but overall great…

Tanya N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

At one with nature.. until they blast their music all through the night.

My husband and I have camped here occasionally for several years and we have always loved it, for the most part. Until fairly recently when it began to get more popular and crowded. People will tend to set up camp almost on top of your site and persist to blast music throughout the night or be…

• A view from our campsite
  • We took our family hiking
  • Had a campsite date
SiteNear lake, by boat docking
Chris B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Cheers 🍻

Awesome place, Campground 17 was a cool little walk to the lake! Plenty of room for shore fishing and exploring! The Ranger seems to be on it about the reservations and getting there early...We got there 2 hours early and just started setting up lol Overall solid spot 🤙🍻

M
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Disappointed

Well we stayed here for two nights and frankly I wasn’t very impressed. The Campground is really only for permanent residents, everyone else ends up in a dirt lot essentially. Nearest bathrooms were a bit of a hike, so were all amenities. We paid for water and electric. The noise level was crazy...…

Sitedon’t remember
Antonio M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Each experience better than the last!

Started off just getting to know the area, wanted to ensure I had a good footing before overwhelming myself. Each visit we explore a different recommendation from reviews or posts and it’s been amazing getting to explore.

Sitedon’t remember