Standard (Tent/RV)
No Water Hookups
Contact
Great BLM Camping and Staging Area is located in Arizona
6 Reviews of Great BLM Camping and Staging Area
Busy With OHVs, But Spacious!

I don’t have 4x4 so I didn’t go too far into the staging area. Since it was a nice weekend there were a gazillion trucks with their OHVs. I must say I didn’t really mind, plus if you have 4x4 you can access more distant parts of the area for calm and privacy, I’m sure. Views are super gorgeous and stars were insane. I bet during the week it’s very calm and even better. I’ll be back! 3 stars bc of the traffic, dust, and noise.

Geared towards rv camping

We arrived late at night to a site full of off roading vehicles and other ATVs. Obviously a meet.

The ground is very compact and straight dirt, multiple rvs had generators running so the night was loud. We ended up leaving.

I'm sure its a sweet spot for off roading and to rv camp but not so much for tents.

Great spot

First time dispersed camping with our 21’ pull-behind and had a great experience. Gravel road leading to the area is well kept and our truck had no issues getting to the area. Awesome views when we setup camp with plenty of space.

Nice place to camp, rough drive in

Nice enough place for dispersed camping, but requires a very bumpy drive to get there. Really good cell phone service (Verizon - I got 3-4 bars of 4G, which got me 75+ mb/s download speed)

Perfect summer nights

Bonfires every weekend, swimming, camping, shooting. It’s really a dream here at this spot. So many amazing memories we’ll never forget!

Cactus Forest!

Free. Wide open space, an abandoned air strip. Really cool cactus variations all around, you can hear coyotes. And there are wild burros in the area you can def hear them and during the week it's likely you will see them! It is popular for ATVs and such, so it can get a bit noisy, and it apparently gets pretty packed over the weekend. But empty during the week. About 30 minutes away from town. Though there are a few paid campsites in the area. Not sure what the stay limit is, probably 14 days. All the cacti so close is a bit hazardous for pets and small children, my dog already got spines in her paws.