Every week we’re rounding up camping and outdoor news, along with stories you might have missed from The Dyrt Magazine and around the web. This week we also feature an adorable Lake Wenatchee camping review from Beth E. and her family. We can’t wait to see what reviews come through next!
Camping comes in many forms. This week, we learned that camping can include a backcountry wedding. Or surfing. Or a big batch of breakfast hash. Or all three!
Wherever you’re sleeping outside, and whatever the motivation, we hope you make the experience your own. Let’s dive into the stories that inspire us to pack up our tents and whatever else we might bring along for the ride.
What You Missed From The Dyrt Magazine
- These custom fit boots prove you should never purchase hiking boots on Amazon again.
- Speaking of boots, you’re going to need a pair if you’re attending a backcountry wedding.
- Summer isn’t over yet at these destinations for surfing and camping. [from Body Glove]
- This breakfast hash will keep you full and happy at the campground. [from Nature’s Coffee Kettle]
Outdoor News + Stories We’re Reading
- From beaches to mountains, California has a lot of outdoor space for recreation. The new Office of Sustainable Outdoor Recreation will now help take care of those places. [Snews]
- This photograph of fires across the globe is slightly terrifying. [Forbes]
- A judge has blocked what would have been the first grizzly bear hunt in the Rocky Mountains in over 40 years. [Local News 8]
- A bison was struck by lightning, and lived to… well, to pose for a writer who tells his tale. [Adventure Journal]
From The Dyrt Magazine Archives
Each week we’re digging back into The Dyrt Magazine for articles we think you’ll love:
8 Backcountry Permits You Should Start Planning for Now
It’s never too early to start planning those trips — especially when they require coveted permits.Read the Article
Campground of the Week: Lake Wenatchee State Park, WA
“This campground was awesome! We got super lucky and found one camp ground someone must have canceled and we were able to book the camp ground! The lake is absolutely beautiful and there are quite a few trails to do around the lake! Also they offer rentals for sup boards and kayaks too.” — The Dyrt Camper Crystal F.
Read more reviews of Lake Wenatchee State Park.
- Rock Creek Campground, Leavenworth, Washington