Key West, FLORIDA

Most Recent Key West Camping Reviews
Where the Atlantic & the Gulf meet

Beautiful view from the waterfront sites. Kayak, fish or swim from your own campsite.  The view of the old bridge is amazing. We've stayed in several sites yet do have some favorites.  You need to book 11 months in advance to get on the water or maybe you luck out if someone cancels.

We had water & electric & there is a dump station. They have snorkel trips from there & a little museum. Walk up on the old bridge what a great view. Good place to see sunset not that you site isn't a good place to see it too.

The restrooms are being redone they were working on it when we were there this year. Hurricane Irma did some damage there they were also working on rebuilding sandspur campground.

Manatees hang out near the fish cleaning station they drink the fresh water coming from cleaning the fish. There's a small nurse shark that hangs out there too.

Close to Marathon & Big Pine Key (deer key). Some good eats close by Sunset Grill has great crab soup, and a pool.  Not a bad drive to Key West always a good time down there.

SIMPLY WONDERFUL!

It is a great location with tons of amenities!

Best for RV camping but I have also tent camped here many times

A little slice of paradise!

Such a gorgeous place (if you go at the right time of year).

It can get super hot in July/Aug.

The beach is wonderful, the store has all you will need & the ”snack bar” is so much more than that!!!

I love this place for Tent/RV/Cabin trips.

The sites are legit! Lots of privacy.

Bring bikes because there is so much to explore

LOVE LOVE LOVE Bahia Honda!

I got lucky when I stayed at Bahia Honda - typically they are booked 12+ months in advance.  I took a trip to the keys and got to the park super early. They let us know that if we hung out for a few hours and there were cancellations, we could be in line for that spot, but there were 3 other parties in front of us.  Somehow we were able to get a spot on the bayside after waiting, which was great!

I have seen and heard of the beach camping spots at Bahia Honda, but the Bayside was a very pleasant surprise. There were a few cabins and a few tent sites secluded on it's own side, and that's it.  It was beautiful, serene, and everything was perfect.

I keep looking to stay again, preferably on the beach, but every time I go to look there is nothing available even if I push it out a year.  Hopefully I can make it back soon!

Fantastic Park

The park really has it all, with excellent service's. Well situated for sightseeing and tours. Enjoyed the stay and visiting local pizza and party bars.

Beautiful Tropical Vacation

We have been to Boyd’s for the past 5 years in November. So close to all the action, we request the sane sight facing the Ocean. Some sights are the gut, but it’s the closest campground to downtown. The store is well stocked, close to local restaurants. The staff it great. The pool is refreshing. Roosters, Iguanas, palm trees and incredible memories. We Uber to Duval Street,

Expensive and loud, but it's Key West

I stayed here as a money saving exercise the night before a morning flight to Dry Tortugas. I didn't bring a tent, but Leo's had a camping kit available for rent that included the tent, sleeping pad and a small lantern/flashlight that I took advantage of; bring your own sleeping bag or sheets.

The sites are level with pea gravel; the ground was so hard that I could not get the stakes into the ground (they didn't provide a hammer and i was in too much of a hurry to ask). I tied off a guy line to the fence in hopes of preventing it from blowing into the water. Someone must have come by and staked it down while I was in town because the 4 stakes were in when I returned. The sites have a picnic table and grill. Some of the sites have electric, making it nice to fully charge camera and phones as needed. There's good cell service, but they do provide wifi if needed.

The campground is visually separated from Rt 1, but it is so close that you will hear the traffic All. Night. Long. I always say I can sleep through anything, but between this and the sleeping pad with a leaky valve, I didn't sleep at all. I wish I'd had earplugs.

There's a mix of seasonal and shorter term campers, everything from large RVs to camper vans and tents. There were a few empty tent sites when I was here in late January. There's a small pond with a shelter. Near the restrooms there is a covered area with picnic tables and a small library, a good place to take refuge from a shower or to hang out with friend or a book. Laundry is available. The bathrooms are clean and small. They definitely need more hooks in the shower stall and could use a small stool or shelf.

If you have a pet, they have a small doggie playground next to the office. For the people, there are large games such as jenga and chess.

It's about 4 miles to the historic district.

Campground is right by the bridge

This review is mostly intended for a tent campers.

The traffic noise is very loud. The temporary toilets are one up from pit toilets. The smell is the same as a pit toilet. The temporary showers are very small and you must hold the chain down to get the water to flow. The state is rebuilding a bathhouse and I don't know when it will be completed. My tent was squished between two rv's. No fire pit just a grill. Bring food or expect to drive. I would wait until the campground is rebuilt before tent camping there. Campground is more geared towards RVs

Great Place

We managed to get a last minute spot on over the new year. Our site was by the dumpsters and smack in the middle of the peninsula ie not on the water. That said- it was amazing! Not super clean site. The dumpster was not only a none issue, we didn’t see a single fly. The facilities were clean. The pool (once the old ladies water aerobics ended🙄) was fun for the kids. We walked to an awesome bar/ restaurant called hog fish. The staff was friendly as well. I never write reviews but this camp ground gets a thumbs up from me.

Tight squeeze but a lot of activities

Very expensive for a campsite, but maybe that's standard for in the Keys. It was basically just a gravel parking lot. There is not a lot of room between sites and sites are small. We had a 4 man tent and it was much tighter space than any other campground. Almost impossible to stake down a tent, so we tied the tent to the fence and picnic table. Right by the road  and airport too, so expect a lot of noise. They did have nice restrooms and dish sinks, as well as some different games set up like jenga and chess. There were several events (trivia nights, happy hour) scheduled at the campground for campers, but we were unfortunately unable to attend. Small book library available. Short drive to Key West; expect to hear roosters most of the night.