Who We Are
The Dyrt is the fastest-growing camping app with more campground reviews than anyone else on the Internet. We’re successfully changing the way 45+ million Americans search for campgrounds in the same way that Yelp changed the way we look for restaurants. Through user-generated reviews, The Dyrt is building an ever-expanding database of campgrounds across the country, making it easy and enjoyable for campers to find the information they need.
The Dyrt also solves the pain of authentic consumer connection for hundreds of outdoor brands. Using our nationwide community of campers, The Dyrt Rangers (200+ super users who test our partners’ products in the field), and our proprietary User Generated Content, The Dyrt provides the perfect platform for campers to find their next favorite campsite and for brands to engage with their target audience.
Who You Are
You’re a task master. You can see patterns in chaos and love to support others in the completion of projects. A desire of yours is to grow into an online writer, website manager, content creator, or creative director in five or more years, but you’re looking for that first place to help you learn how a publication and startup works. You know what a CMS is, and you’ve successfully used one in the past. You’ve got an interest in SEO and want to also hone your technical skills. You believe in the power of the camping community, and you’re willing to engage with our user base at both an online and personal level.
What You’ll Do
As Production Coordinator, you will support the Audience Development, Client Services, and Editorial teams by owning the production and delivery of all content delivered on The Dyrt’s digital magazine. You’ll be formatting and SEO-charging written articles, both sponsored and native, posted on our WordPress platform. This includes performing image searches, organizing spreadsheets, and keeping a paper trail of every step of the production process on our editorial team. Additionally, you’ll be tasked to understand our thousands of campground pages—optimizing each one for SEO and placement on The Dyrt. This position is an opportunity to get a holistic view of The Dyrt, and learn about every aspect of how our platform works.
- Assist the Head of Audience Development and Managing Editor with publication and promotion timelines
- Provide critical support to our Digital Account Managers, helping to run all aspects of our sponsored content production
- Format and consistently stylize every post on The Dyrt in a timely matter as it flows through our editorial process
- Perform image searches for articles for featured photos, cropping and delivering in an online-ready format
- Ensure all articles adhere to SEO best practices
- Optimize and troubleshoot all campground pages
- Optimize campground pages for newly bookable campgrounds and accommodations
- Provide feedback to the marketing team to help improve our platform
- Engage in conversations with brand advocates and communities via email and social media
- Degree in English, marketing, digital communications, advertising, journalism, or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of a CMS system, specifically WordPress
- Previous experience with tools such as Monday, Google Drive, Adobe Suite preferred
- Prior editorial experience working with a team of content producers on high-volume digital content
- Familiarity with maintaining voice and branding guidelines across different channels
- Experience in the outdoor industry is a plus!
This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Portland, Oregon, office. All applicants must live in or near Portland, or be willing to relocate.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in contact with you if we decide to move on to the interview phase.
Please title your email “Production Coordinator.”