Abbotsford, WISCONSIN

Most Recent Abbotsford Camping Reviews
Beautiful site on the water.

Quiet little campground, I was in one of the three canoe/ walk in sights and they were right on the water. All three sights were separated from the rest of camp and are tent sites. All have a picnic table, grill, and fire ring and are big enough for 2-3 tents depending on the size of the tents. Set back from a county hwy and state hwy, however not too much traffic and the traffic that does exist was not very disruptive. 2 night minimum, 14 night maximum reservation.

Good grounds

Good grounds but there was no water to get and like one other no lights in bathroom. The electric did not work on our site they were very helpful and getting us a different one I would go back again

Awesome Camping Destination

What a great place to visit this time of year (Fall). Falling acorns, frogs and chipmunks chirping, turtles basking in sunlight and more. The owls at night were a treat (sometimes even scary) to listen to.

Clean facilities and nice trails. Next time we’ll bring some kayaks.

Wonderful! We will be back.

Great spot to ride bikes or kayak. Clean & green. Loved our stay there!

Camped at Lake Wissota for 3 days. First time there and really liked it. Nice private sites and the beach looked great but it was too cold for swimming. Got in a canoe ride before the rain. No bugs I guess it was too cool. Bath house in bad need of updating which they're planning on but I've been in worse. Awesome park rangers. Did some local site seeing and I highly recommend lunch in Cornell at Dylan's Dairy. Had the best breakfast at Kelly Grill in Stanley across from the old depot. Nice get away despite the rain.

Nature

Decent

It's a decent spot

Diamond in the rough

Love it here. Quiet, rustic, well maintained place

Great Campground with Private Sites

You'd never know that your neighbor is super close to you in this campground.  The sites are really private with tall trees and lots of greenery/foliage between each site.  There is a lot to explore in the park.  The bathrooms are decent - we found quite a few bugs and frogs in the bathrooms but we didn't mind.

Quiet and clean

The sites were well spaced and well sized. The sites on the river were really pretty but full of mosquitos. The sites on the other side are also nice and have a much smaller bug presence. There’s a little trail along the river you can walk on which is nice. This seems like an ideal spot if you’re looking to have a peaceful trip down the river. It was also nice for us just looking to relax in a quiet lovely area.

Nice camping area

The camp site was right up against a swamp area so it was kind of buggy, but it was a beautiful area with access to lots of hiking trails and fishing. The vault toilets were well maintained. It was a great experience!!

Average

Kind of crowed, clean, no lights in restrooms or sanitizer.

Great hike

Awesome park that started my obsession with wi state parks

Quiet rustic site right on the river

We were able to reserve site 120, right on the river.  It was a lovely site with a nice view, but little shade.  The sunsets were amazing here.  This campground is small and quiet, with minimal amenities.  The vault toilets were clean.  We saw some interesting wildlife too.  We purchased firewood on site, it was a bit wet and challenging to get started.  The ranger was super friendly on check-in.

Probably my favorite camping spot

I absolutely loved this campground. The area was kept very clean. The spot that I reserved was beautiful. Loved that it was tucked in the back of the camping area and was able to put my canoe in the water at my spot. The site I had was huge. Probably about 3x larger than any site I’ve been to before. And driving through the area was beautiful and lush

Great little river camp ground

Great little campground on the river. I just spent one night but there are many hiking paths. The rain of the spring this year supposed mosquito proliferation but they seemed less during the day.

Enjoyable overnight.

Spent one night here the spring of 2019. This was a rainy spring and as a result of the standing water the mosquitoes were abundant. But they died down during the day and there are plenty of hiking trails that run away and along the river. The whole Midwest is full of mosquitoes this spring but this is a great park and campground that is nicely secluded and small.

This is a wonderful hiking park.

This is a wonderful park for hiking or a walk in the park. Beautifully taken care of but there are no overnight sites for camping or RV. But enjoy a hike close to Wausau.

Beautiful camp ground

Words can't describe how nice and peaceful it is. The owners are very nice and helpful. Whenever we're going to be back in the area this will be the first place we want to stay. It's located close to lake Winnsota.

Great

Nice options to tent at and nice to walk around and do things

Spot to stop for the night

This is right next to a river and beautiful waterfall. Lots of sites close together but they have electric. There is a great playground. Feel like performing? There’s a covered picnic area with a elevated stage. Town is nearby. In fact, the main road is right by the campground making for noise.

Awesome place

The canoe camping site is cheaper and much more secluded with view of the lake. Great experience.

Quaint

I love the hiking trails and my kids love the lake and all the fun activities that a company at like boating and swimming. The only downfall is that it's quite congested

Beautiful, large variety of outdoor activities

Beautiful with all sorts of outdoor activities. Great fishing, perfect kayak and Conoe location as well as motorized boats, swimming and also land recreation like serene hiking trails and an extensive bike trail.

Not too bad. Loud train nearby.

Plenty of room, electricity in the pavilions (2 of them), bathrooms, plenty of area to camp and there were a couple fire pits. It’s right on the river and has a nature walk trail along the river. Not the most pristine spot but it gets the job done for sure. No fee’s. Be aware, there’s a train that goes by at all times of the day or night. It’s fairly close and can be extremely loud at times.

Comfortable park in western WI

We camped here in the fall and the colors were lovely.  The camping was sort of open but sites are spaced nicely so we didn't feel like we were on top of each other.  The nature trail was very nice - the biking was also good.  We took advantage of being near Lake Wissota State Pk and explored that too.

Great place to camp!

I love it! The water is so clear, the trout fishing is great and so is the beach! They do not have showers or plumbing but if you’re desperate for a shower kwiktrip has showers!

worth it for the scenery

Only stayed for one night cuz I've been dying to check out the Dells of the Eau Claire and boy was it worth it! After exploring the extended area we found another campground we liked better ;)  (There are a few other campgrounds in the area as well that might have more modern conveniences.)  The campsites are average, nothing fancy, but totally worth it to be able to rest after a day exploring this awesome park!  Good place to have a fire and relax- not many people were in the campground this night so it was quiet.

This park connects to the Ice Age trail I learned from fellow campers.  I LOVED the hiking trail along the river.  Went in the water which was a bit chilly but refreshing on a warm autumn day!  The rock formations/cliffs and waterfalls were truly amazing. People like to jump off the cliffs on a warm day- fun to watch!  Lots of exploring to do here- definitely could spend a whole weekend checking out the park!

secluded canoe-in/walk-in site

Such a wonderful experience! After a bit of uncertainty about how to access the sites (they were listed some places as "canoe in") we were pleasantly surprised to see the sites were just a walk over a bridge :)  All 3 canoe sites are on a small island. (We were lucky enough to be the only people camping at any of the sites!)

All of the canoe sites are great!  We stayed in site #1 which was closest to the bridge (and bathroom just over the bridge ;) )- nice level site and large. Site #2 was a bit smaller but more secluded. Site #3 was large but wasn't as level (though there was WAY more water access- 3 sides of water views!)   Walk to the sites was not bad at all.

I would highly recommend these 3 campsites!  We saw the rest of the campground and it looked pretty standard, but these sites are a gem.  Showers are at the main campground, but there is a pit toilet and water access  just across the bridge near the parking area.

The park/area is really nice too!  The park has a beach, small playground area, a bike trail, and some hiking areas.  Nice lake to canoe or kayak on as well. Plus the nature center has programs too!  The stream had turtles, crayfish, and frogs to check out as well :)

*check out the Green Circle trail and the Stevens Point Sculpture Garden if you wanna get out of the park :)

Camping in the woods along the Wisconsin River

On the Wisconsin River, there are four “loops” of campsites, with some on the river side of the road and some off the river. The main RV loop looked crowded, but it is also where the very clean bathhouse is located. There are restrooms on the other three loops, but they are not as updated as the main bathrooms and bathhouse in the RV loop. Most of the tents were put on the sites around the ballfield which is across the street from the river. The good thing about that is that the dust from the ballfield seemed to keep the deer flies at bay, which was not the case on the riverside sites. It’s a good thing the road is not too busy as you have to walk along the side of the road to get to the shower house from the other camp loops. There is a nice dock that is a good spot to watch the sun set over the river if you can stand the bugs.