the dyrt
About Point Beach State Forest
Drive In, Boat In
Point Beach State Forest is located in Wisconsin
10 Reviews of Point Beach State Forest
Point Beach is an amazing campground

Point Beach campground is amazing. It is a well kept campground, very ckean, right on the shores of Lake Michigan. Sites are huge and not on too of each other. There are numerous trails within the park. Beautiful spot!!!

Ranger Review: Mountain House Turkey Dinner Casserole at Point Beach

Campground Review

Growing up in Two Rivers, it is surprising that I never camped at Point Beach. I've only ever been there a few times, and never for camping. Overall, the campsites we were on were on the smaller side, but not too small. There was just enough privacy with the trees. You could hear the lake if you listened, you were very close.

The park is beautiful. The beach is very nice. It isn't a big swimming/volleyball beach like the nearby Neshotah Beach, but there is enough sand and space to find a spot and the swimming is fun. Nice big waves on the Great Lake.

There are some trails along the lake and some other hiking, but we spent most of our time at the beach relaxing.

The firewood for sale was bad, we had a hard time keeping it going. Most of the pit toilets in the park didn't have ventilation for the vault, resulting in very smelling restrooms. The flush toilet building was fine, though, and pretty central.

I'd definitely go back!

Product Review

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time, this time I got to test the Mountain House Turkey Dinner Casserole.

I've eat a fair number of Mountain House meals in the last few years and this one is near the top in taste. It tastes just like Thanksgiving. MMMMMMMMMMMM. I'm getting hungry thinking about it. Mountain House meals aren't cheap, but if you can find this one on sale or just need something easy, definitely try this one. So good.

Great location on Lake Michigan

We booked this campsite strictly on location and DNR review. We drove from south central Indiana, approximately 6.5 hours, hauling a pop-up camper. Arrived and we were greeted by park ranger. Got paperwork, asked about fishing, but the ranger was unable to answer any questions. She said go in town to Two Rivers. Got to our campsite and set up. Perfect location, secluded, but still close to the facilities. We quickly learned there is a mosquito problem and found the source. A nasty algie filled creek behind our campsite. Thankfully we had a mosquito net to keep us somewhat protected.

There are many different activities to do on site, hiking, bike riding, beach going, and relaxing. There was a storm while there. There was little to no cell service and we did not have an emergency radio.

If if I could provide a recommendation or two…mosquito control and WiFi throughout for emergencies.

This place is amazing and the beaches are beautiful!!! Awesome sites and the bathrooms are decent for a park.

Great state park. Amazing group site. Best dog beach ever

Lover this state park. We stayed at the group site. One of the biggest ever, private bathrooms for the site. (Pit toilets) , on site water pump. Had to drive to showers, which was fine. Had 2 shower houses which was nice. The reg campsites looked great at well. Had a rustic restaraunt in the camp. Breakfast and Friday fish fry as well as 17 flavors of ice cream. The most amazing thing was the dog park, the biggest and best we have ever seen!! Staff was super friendly and helpful. Two rivers was 15 min out, and cute. Great kayak spots inland. Woodland dunes nature center was a great stop.

3 miles of beach along lake michigan

3 miles of beach along lake michigan…private shower rooms on main restroom building…campsite 26 containted ample sunlight to recharge my 95ah battery attached to camper and 100ah battery i used for field day ham radio operations… there is also a concession at the top of the beach where you can rent a bike you can have ice cream a meal if it's raining there are board games in there you can play with your family read a book they have a fireplace…

Almost 3000 acres of national forest with six miles of Lake Michigan beach
  • Pros: Spacious campsites, with most being partially wooded
  • Great hiking trails for summer and winter use, horse trails too
  • Dog trail and designated dog beach area
  • Private concession stand on site, with lots of seating for rainy days, small restaurant, board games, and some camping supplies.
  • Cons: Water is rust colored as a result of the high iron content. You many want to bring drinking water with you
  • Campsites on the inner loop - 32-62 are more suitable for tents
Andrea Honkanen

Beautiful. Right next toe Lake Michigan. Nice sandy shoreline if you know where to look. Nice bathrooms. Roomy sites. Quiet. Great location. Nice biking trails. Not a lot of water hook ups. Electricity kept popping out & we had to reset, but would go back.

Point Beach State Forest Campground

This was a nice place to camp. There is access to the lake from the campground. I walked along the beach between rainstorms. I rode my touring bicycle here right along the bike path.It's a paved trail between Manitowoc and Two Rivers. It was a beautiful choice. The path wound around the lakefront next to beaches, marinas and kept me off the busy road. I really recommend it if you come up this way. The story of the bike path is interesting. Seven 8th graders loved to roller blade but had nowhere to do it for any length. They worked through their class to write grant proposals and petition a contest to find the funds. They did receive $4000 and that mostly went to the feasibility study. They also involved the DNR, local cyclists, naturalists along with legislators and ended up having the bike path be a success. Halfway down the path is a memorial with the student's names.

nice area

This is a nice park! There is a bike trail that connects to Manitowoc. Hiking trails and a beach are also highlights of the park. The sites in the campground are typical of a WI state park-not huge, but enough place for a tent and area to play. Sites are within walking distance of beach…