Equestrian
About Hartman Creek State Park
Hartman Creek State Park is located in Wisconsin
10 Reviews of Hartman Creek State Park
Love this campground!

I’ve been going here since I was a kid. Waupaca offers so many beautiful lakes to explore and Hartman has some beautiful trails to hike on! It does get busy in the summer, but fall or during the week is a perfect time to go!

Too crowded

This park is overly crowded with campsites. There’s not much privacy between the sites. It is very noisy loud and you hear all the conversations from other campsites. They also seem to attract young party crowd and it’s loud through most of the night. The ground was difficult to put tent stakes in as it was very hard. There is great hiking as the Ice Age Trail is part of this park. They do have events for kids on the weekends and some great playground so would be great for families!

Great state park!

We have always been lucky to book secluded sites. Enjoy bringing the family’s bikes and love the single trail bike paths through the woods. Has a nice small lake to bring your own kayaks and SUPs or rent on site.

Hartman Creek State Park- gorgeous & family friendly.

A gorgeous family friendly campground! Our site was located overlooking Allen Lake, right in the tall pines. It was a great location, enough trees for kids to hang hammocks for a little relaxation.

Bathrooms with showers available and in good condition. Pit toilets located nearby as well.

Allen Lake has a fishing pier that the kids loved fishing from. Good catches early in the morning!

Hartman Creek is a nice small lake, with no wake. There is now a rental building available with kayaks, paddle boats, SUP, etc to rent. We rented kayaks for an hour and a very reasonable price. Small lake so we were able to explore— saw about 3 dozen turtles which was super fun for the kids.

There are hiking trails available and also paved trails for bike riding, walking, etc.

We loved the quietness at night. Not entirely sure, but I believe there is a quite policy after 10pm. Gorgeous to look up and see the amazing stars at night.

I went here all the time as a kid and this was my first time back taking kids. We will be back again!

Nice park with family friendly activities

I spent a few nights camped in the very large and spacious group site while doing trail maintenance on the Ice Age Trail. There are lots of hiking trails in the park, plus a lake with swimming, fishing, grills, and lots of campsites nearby.

Hartman Creek is average.

I don't have a lot to report about Hartman Creek State Park. The lake is pretty. The campsites are a good size with plenty of shade. The facilities are reasonably clean. There are some hiking trails. It is a pretty average campground. Nothing stood out as being great or bad,

Ranger Review: Mountain House 5-Day Kit at Hartman Creek State Park, WI

Campground Review: As someone who has camped my whole life, mostly at Wisconsin State Park, it is surprising that this was my first time at Hartman Creek. Hartman Creek has pretty spacious sites, though they can range from very big to just big enough. Our site was larger, almost fully shaded under a mix of coniferous and deciduous trees. The only thing I didn't like was the sandy soil, but otherwise our site was awesome.

There is ample hiking opportunities in the area, some you can walk to from the campground, some requires a small amount of driving. The lake was a smaller lake, but nice for swimming. They do a great job of keeping the beach and swimming area clean.

Overall it was a great time and we'll definitely be back.

Gear review: A couple months ago I won the contest for WI and was excited to test the Mountain House 5-Day Kit. Ever since I started backpacking I've heard and seen the Mountain House packs. I never bought them because I like to prepare my own food, and I enjoy cooking on the trail. Since I won it I was very curious.

I have to say I was very impressed with the ease of making the food: just boil a couple cups of water, pour it in, mixed it, and seal it for 9 minutes. Voila! A tasty meal.

I had the Chili Mac, and it was awesome. For someone trying to save weight on the trail, or those not confident in your cooking (or trail cooking), I can definitely recommend Mountain House meals.

The box calls it an emergency 5 day kit, and it has a shelf life of 12+ years. For emergency purposes, it is an awesome thing to have on hand, especially in areas that are prone to loss of power, flooding, tropical storms, etc.

For myself, I don't know that I'll purchase Mountain House meals at full price for backpacking or camping, but I definitely think it is a "Ranger worthy" product that is very useful for the right situation and right person.

Beautiful park

Park has lots to see, beautiful scenery. Very clean.

Hartman Creek

Nice place. Pretty woods and water. Paved roads and great off road cycling access

Hidden Gem

Great campground. Lots to see and do.