Pets Unknown
County
Mendota County Park is located in Wisconsin
3 Reviews of Mendota County Park
Excellent location

Excellent campground on lake Mendota. Great for family camping . Lots of places to eat near by if you dont want to cook and still want to be outside. I like kayaking from Olbrich park and spending a night or two. If the weather takes a turn for the worse or your kids get sick you can go home.

Beautiful view of the lake; convenient location

We visited for a short stayover and the staff were accomodating for our unique timing request. Seemed all spots were for campers though and we were tenting.

Clean comfortable campground in a suburban park

This campground is pleasant but literally in the middle of a residential neighborhood. I stayed in this campsite while driving across the country last July 2015 and came upon this campground as a good no reservations option for staying near Madison, WI. I stayed at site 10 near the back of the main loop close to the park border. While the park offered nice bathrooms with showers and many amenities, waking up from my tent in the morning to the sounds of morning rush hour traffic on the road not 100 yds away was quite un pleasant. The sites are mostly shaded with many trees and grass to put the tent on and they are well spaced so as not to feel too crowded. The park offered lake access with swimming, fishing and a boat launch, a playground and volleyball, tennis and basketball courts. The lake was beautiful – I only wish the campground was closer . . . maybe they should have switched the playground and campground. There were suburban houses beyond the edge of the park that could be seen from our tent site.
On the upside the park was not far from downtown Madison where I drove to enjoy dinner at one of the many restaurants. Madison was a very wonderful town and I couldn’t recommend it more. I can’t say as much for this campground. Overall the location and layout of the park was confusing and definitely not advised to those seeking a respite in nature though it may be perfect for families looking to dip their toes into the idea of camping.