The best WALK IN camping near
Grand View , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Grand View Camping Reviews
Love

To kayak here it’s the bomb !

Great park for every day

Nice walking trails for younger kids and easy access from both sides or town me an my son come here all the time

Can’t Wait To Go Back

Went in October 2020. We stayed in a small but nice and cozy site #170 (had water and 30A electric). This place is perfect to unwind and not be too far from civilization. We took the kiddos to the beach and just sat back and relaxed. We were able to maintain a safe distance since the camper access to the beach is separate. Overall loved it and would definitely recommend to all.

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Unimpressed

The facility is huge. The staff was very nice. Spent a week here in the off season. The site was half gravel and half grass. The grading wasn’t great and the gravel was thin. Lots of water puddles and the grass was swampy. I spent more time vacuuming than I should have.

The roads around the campground could use repair.

The main playground was a mud pit. No mulch or sand to absorb the water. The other playgrounds were small and/or run down. The mini golf course is run down - missing bricks and flooded ball holes.

The laundry facility was clean and in working order.

There also isn’t much diversity in this area.

We don’t plan to return.

Quick in town get away

Good little spot for last minute camping in town. There is a lake for fishing with boat rentals available. Not very quite as it’s located near a busy road. (Saunders road). You can hear cars ambulance etc. all night. You must reserve your spot in advance. RV, tent, hammock, and fire friendly.

Winter break fun!

This was our maiden voyage for the family RV--we decided on this destination kind of on a whim and were happy with our decision. We've been tent campers forever and were excited to see what RV camping was all about.

This is a HUGE complex with various "levels" of sites. From basic to fancy, crowded to sparse. I think we would've felt a little claustrophobic if it were the summer, but this was great for us in the off season. Our loop was packed and gravelly, but others open during the off season were a little more roomy and "polished."

We enjoyed biking all over the place (including a family-friendly bike trail to the VB boardwalk), playing on the many small playgrounds, swimming in the dome-covered pool (there are three more of them for warm weather), playing mini-golf, and enjoying our time.

Bathroom/shower houses were clean and well-positioned close to all of the camping loops.

Great Campground

One of my favorite campgrounds in the Mid-Atlantic region!

Very nice

The water at the beaches is so shallow great for my son ! It’s a beautiful place !

Fantastic campground with a unique experience

Fantastic campground. Very basic, yet had a great appeal. It was minutes to walk to the bay, and only minutes to drive to Virginia Beach center. Each site was open, yet surrounded by trees, so you still felt somewhat secluded. It was so relaxing to sit in a tube and float on the bay. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the facilities were very clean. Be forewarned, it is directly next to the army base. We have stayed here twice. When we stayed to the left, closer to the camp store, we heard nothing. It was very quiet. Our 2nd trip, we stayed to the right. We could throw a stick and hit the government fences. Every night, we heard aerial training, saw fighter planes flying overhead, even had a helicopter nearly put out our fire. One night, we woke up at 2am to m80s going off in our ears. It is all training and there was no danger at all, but it was quite noisy for my comfort. Was pretty cool to hear the star spangled banner play every morning at 9am. It was definitely an experience I will never forget! I will definitely be visiting again, but choosing to stay closer to the store next time!