Camping in State College

Recent Boat-In Reviews Near State College, Pennsylvania

151 Reviews of 24 State College, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

NThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Neat campground but sketchy bathrooms

The sites are very cool at this campground. They are very spacious and help you feel closer to nature. The bathrooms are very bad though

Month of VisitOctober
Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Horrible

We had a terrible experience here. We were at tent site #29 but for only an hour...the "water hookup" was BROWN. The bathroom has no lights or sink... Our 16x16 tent didn't fit the "17x17" tent pad. We had bug spray on and had two ThermaCELLs running and we're literally eaten alive by mosquitoes.…

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Peaceful and remote

It was fun trying to use maps along with gps to find our way to the campground. There is zero cell service/WiFi at the park, or for at least 5-10 miles from it. The sites are clean, flat, and spaced nicely on the northwest end, but a little too open and feels crowded on the eastern end. Bathrooms…

Site#16
Jedediah P.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Very Nice

Very nice campsite!! Some sites do have limited places for larger tents because of roots but pretty good place to camp.

Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Campground mediocre, area nice

The campground is fine. Basic amenities and pretty small. But it has everything you need. The area is gorgeous and there are a ton of trails to check out.

Month of VisitDecember
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

John K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Laid back

Nice little campground. Very quiet. Sites are generously sized. Roads are paved. The lake is very small with a swimming beach area.

Dave B.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Red Bridge

The camping is great! There are showers, RV hook ups, beautiful views and close to Cougar Bob's which is the best place for pizza!

SiteTent
Brian C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

spacious sites

I Luke's this campground a lot. the sites are very large and well maintained. there are large gravel spaces bordered with wood. two large picknick tables at each site. site had electric and water nearby. plenty of room to back in.

I was there in April so the park was pretty empty and no…

SiteMCAM 70
N
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Important information please read

Unfortunately I had to cancel my reservation last minute due to a medical emergency. I was truly looking forward to going to this campground because of all the great reviews. I had to leave a message to cancel. I was contacted my Jason from the campground and was told that none of my money would…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Nice large sites

Sites are on 2 loops. The sites have a decent amount of space between them so you are not on top of each other. Picnic tables and fire rings at each site. Not a lot of trees so many sites are in the direct sun. There is a mix of 50 and 30 amp, some sites with water, some without. Very quiet. I…

Site37 oak loop
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

No pets

Only knock is this section of the campground is not for pet owners, but it’s not completely obvious when making a reservation. So, we stayed with our pups and didn’t get in trouble but felt weird for breaking the rules that we didn’t know about before arriving 🤷‍♂️

J
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

One of my favorite state parks

The campground is well kept and spacious. The sites are nice and level. The camp store is one of the best!

Ruth  .
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Decent

Camp site was a little awkward when tent camping. We stayed in Birch so not sure about the other sites but it seemed better suited for an RV. Our site had hardly any space for a tent if you didn’t want to sleep on rocks it was nice to be near the lake but glad we had a shaded spot. The showers…

SiteBirch 51 &52