Yurts

US Army Corps of Engineers
Lake Raystown Resort is located in Pennsylvania
10 Reviews of Lake Raystown Resort
Poorly Maintained

I was expecting a much nicer camping experience based on the reviews and price. We camped out on Poplar. Our site had a gravel pad. But the surrounding area was not level and you had to climb up a 2-3’ incline to get to the fire pit area. Gets very slick because it doesn’t dry out. Sites across the way were on the water. They had cement pads only as wide as your rv/tt but then the surrounding grass dropped off sharply. Very dangerous as you barely had enough room to walk around your unit.

We explored the “red carpet” row up on the hill. What a joke. Gravel pads skinnier in some instances then a TT is wide. One wrong step and you’d fall into the woods. Grass and weeds galore in the gravel areas. Sites barely large (long) enough and all back in’s up there. Trees had low branches which isn’t good for rigs. Not many people up in this area and I can see why.

The beach area really needed combing or raking once in a while. There was a water leak coming out of the road and a tree branch barely hanging on about to fall that staff just drove by like its normal.

When we checked in, there wasn’t much explained to us. This is a huge property and would have thought they’d want to give campers more direction about where things are etc. We went to the store to sign up for pump out service. ($10). I asked the girl a question because I hadn’t done that type of service prior and she doesn’t answer with information, just tells me to read the ticket. …..which didn’t have the answer. Felt like staff wasn’t overly friendly and didn’t want to take the time. So many good camp staff experiences to compare to from other campgrounds so this really stood out.

Water was nice. Rented a kayak. Spent some time on the beach. Boats zoomed back and forth but the noise wasn’t too bad. Jet skis could be a bit loud at times.

Also, almost forgot….we lost power twice. Once a meter overheated and melted. Took a few hours to get that replaced. The other time two workers walked along the tree line behind the campsites and hit the main to our area so they could fix an electrical issue up the row. No warning. No communication. Campers were to ones telling each other what was going on. Another example of staff just feeling very punching a clock.

Absolutely amazing camp grounds

Clean and amazing fishing. Highly recommend. Note; the sites our family were at did NOT have sewage hook ups. I do not know if this applies to all sites.

Great Family getaway!

Absolutely love this place! Dog friendly, park rangers are great, the facilities are super clean and accessible! just a great overall atmosphere!

peaceful

clean, friendly, quiet!! boating on the weekend. nice restaurant.

Great family park!

Both RV sites and lots to rent to pitch your own tent, fishing, huge lake with beach, lots of activities for the kids throughout the summer, one of the nicest parks we have camped at! Kid and pet friendly, love this park!!

Love this place!

My family has been camping at Raystown since I was a kid. The lake is absolutely gorgeous and offers endless outdoor adventure—hiking, biking, fishing, boating, kayaking, and more. The sites are pretty close together, and it’s usually really packed throughout the summer, but it’s still a beautiful place to camp. Would definitely recommend!

Our favorite in PA

Easy access and very clean. Beautiful lakeside sites.

Fun fun fun!

Fantastic lake side camping resort. Best for campers or using their cabins but it has freeway access to the lake and beautiful views.

PA getaway!

Great getaway campground for some camping or glamping fun! So much to do here including swimming on the beach or at the water park, mountain biking, boating, hiking, and enjoying the beautiful lake!

Spend many many weekends here as a child and so glad to go back as an adult!

More resort than campground but it may be your thing

I prefer the campground just up the road but I have stayed here at the resort in cabin.

Nice waterfront at the lower edge of the resort. The cabins were set up above and kind of overlooked down to Raystown lake. You can hear the power boats zipping up and down the lake but it wasn’t annoying.

many roads to explore and a great little restaurant inside the resort if you need tI eat. We had breakfast there and it acceptable.