Camping in State College

183 Reviews of 43 State College, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great!

We really enjoyed this campground. The sites were spacious, everything was clean and well kept. The staff was SO nice! It was also a gated entrance which was nice. We will definitely return.

SiteL
Doug G.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Camping on the water

I have been going here since I was a child. Every year I took my kids here for camping and boating. Very clean facilities and friendly people. Nothing like waking up to a view on the water!

• Rothrock Marina
  • The Dam
Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Bathrooms are Soo nice

Staff was wonderful and just a great campground

Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Horrible

We had a terrible experience here. We were at tent site #29 but for only an hour...the "water hookup" was BROWN. The bathroom has no lights or sink... Our 16x16 tent didn't fit the "17x17" tent pad. We had bug spray on and had two ThermaCELLs running and we're literally eaten alive by mosquitoes.…

Joann&WellsThePup I.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
Jedediah P.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Very Nice

Very nice campsite!! Some sites do have limited places for larger tents because of roots but pretty good place to camp.

Megan B.

Campground mediocre, area nice

The campground is fine. Basic amenities and pretty small. But it has everything you need. The area is gorgeous and there are a ton of trails to check out.

Month of VisitDecember
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Nothing to write home about

In terms of PA State Parks, this one is ok. There is a pool (with a fee) that is pretty nice. The campground is small and functional. Would stay here again but not something I would seek out.

Joann&WellsThePup I.

Very secluded quiet spot

Nice little spot with no one around. Maybe 2-3 cars passed on the SF road each day. Primitive camping with picnic table and fire ring - that’s it. Have to carry your gear from your car a little ways. Very close to the MST. Only complaint was that there was a beautiful creek behind it with no trail.…

John K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Laid back

Nice little campground. Very quiet. Sites are generously sized. Roads are paved. The lake is very small with a swimming beach area.

Dave B.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Red Bridge

The camping is great! There are showers, RV hook ups, beautiful views and close to Cougar Bob's which is the best place for pizza!

SiteTent
S
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Midweek get away

My wife found his camp ground for a midweek get away. We had Site 50 with a lake view, this site was level and ease to park our Small Camper . I would highly recommend this camp ground for those with smaller RVs

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Quiet, clean easy to access campground

We stopped here for one night as part of a larger trip. My daughter and son-in-law have a class C and we’re easily able to pull through a spot. The spots are close, but we were here the day after July 4th and there were many open spots. We were spaced out well. The pool and splash pad were clean…

T
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

It was fine.

All campers respected fellow campers. Accommodations were fine.... We're camping!

Site#40
Amber W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Family fun!

Nice clean and quiet campground. The address online took us to the ranger station. Turn left BEFORE bridge. Couldn’t see sign from the road. The section we were in was “no pets allowed”. My kids loved the beach, swimming was not deep. Beach was big with adjacent playground. Lots of pavilions all…

• beach
  • walking from campground
  • playground adjacent to beach