Camping in Sandy Run

268 Reviews of 69 Sandy Run, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

I
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Great relaxing camp

What a nice camp. The place is clean and well maintained, each site is getting a space for the tent, a picnic table and a fire pit. There are bbq spread all over the camp. The river water were so clean and fun to swim in. We really love this place and the people who own it

Sitetent
AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Beautiful!

Loved staying here! Raystown lake is incredible for fishing and swimming and the campsites were nice. I wish we had a waterfront one but be aware that the speedboats on the lake make quite a lot of noise.

There is only compostable toilets and no showers but that didn’t bother us and was expected.…

Mark G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Quiet wide sites!

Been coming for years. There are some great, quiet and wide sites! Bathrooms could use some updating but still very usable! Beautiful area to explore

Tina M.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Wonderful

Wonderful people, good amenities, our kids had a great time!!

Tina M.
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Kinda pricey but SO WORTH IT

They have so many activities for the kids! The sites are mostly a comfortable size.

T
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Basic, fairly quiet, and on the water

The best sites for Potomac views are 1, 3, 5, and 6. Site one is closest to the drop toilet which does not show on the campground map on the website. Otherwise it's portapotty. The train does go by but in the summer the dense foliage keeps the noise low. There is a low tunnel to get to the site. My…

• Site had a table, fire pit and grill
  • Tunnel to the campground
  • Potomac river
Tom G.
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

Lake Raystown Family Campground

Actually I am a work camper, have worked here for 11 seasons. Nice Sites, both RV and tent as well as cabins. I know my opinion is biased, but I keep coming back because it is so great

Casey L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Will go back!

Loved it here!! Impressed with the large flat sites and clean facilities. There was a crew there cleaning bath rooms every day over the weekend we were visiting. Very cute swimming areas right up the road from camp ground that has bathrooms and snack bar. Within walking distance is the museums,…

Paul B.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Nice sites on a great state park right of PA route 30

Very nice state park in a great location. Lots of easy hikes available. Good trout fishing nearby. Although it wasn’t open when I was camping, this state park has a swimming pool at the main park are.

SiteSite# 183
Paul B.
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Small and quiet

This campground is on the smaller side but very nice, campsites were nice size big enough for my 32 foot motor home and mid size suv.

Surrounded by state forest and the road in is dirt which doesn’t bother me, i just wanted to give the info.

SiteSite# 010
Phibao T.
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Great for families, lots of activities to do

The staff was very friendly, and the park was clean.

A little hard to find, no major/large signs to tell you where to turn into the park. The entrance comes up quick and could easily be passed.

• front pool and Yogi
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Family fun full of things to do

Tucked into the mountains of PA, in a the town of Bedford, is this hopping campground.

Lots of fun for kids, live music on the weekend, this campground was full of activity. The campground was packed with everyone from seasonal full timers to overnighters.

A threat of a storm and the heat of…

Jarmonay N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Empty at night but the wild is company

Okay so we arrived early and the park was ordinary. Lists of space but port pots were filthy and drawer flies in near my camp so bad I could sometimes smell it . I would definitely come back and it seems like there are no rangers here so I paid for nothing…. Very nice side of the Potomac to swim in…

Courtney K.
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Clean and quiet

Beautiful! Recently updated, the sites are roomy, the campground is fairly quiet and the bathrooms are clean and recently updated. We only stayed one night, so I didn’t check out the showers. Only problem is that it’s situated near farm land and a bit stinky in the morning.

J
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Great Family Campground

Great campground! Not too big or crowded with tons of activities for kids to do. Only down side was they were short staffed so some things closed early. Overall, an excellent place to camp with great service!