Camping in East Saxton

210 Reviews of 44 East Saxton, Pennsylvania Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Quiet & peaceful

Very nice campground. We’ve stayed in 2 different spots. Super quiet and relaxing place. Clean bathrooms. Why 4 star? State campgrounds are notorious for supplying wood bundles for too much money and the wood is not dry.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Exit 45 a Cumberland

Very pleased and sites were flat and beautiful views. Very clean as well. Love the apple trees that outline the property. Owners were very accommodating to us as we came in late

R
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Beautiful campground near I-81

Very nice campground with clean bathrooms and showers. Nice creek for the kids to play on a hot day. Great spot for kids. Wish the pool was open!

Not sure about other sites- some sites appeared not to have tent sites and steep parking. All the full look-up sites appeared very nice.

Staff was…

• site 001
Site001- full hook up
l
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Beautiful. Great for families staying together.

We stayed in 3 of the cabins for 4 days at Yellow Creek State Park (not the campground). It was beautiful. Right on the water, clean, and private access to the lake. Dog friendly cabins were available. We cannot wait to come back.

• view from cabin 3
  • water dog
Site1-3
Grant M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Worth further exploration

We ended up here on the way from the NJ high point to the PA high point, but this is a neat park. Great trees on the approach drive, decent campground (with some odd terrain parking-wise) and clean showers. Looks like a ton of trails and skiing in the winter. Not sure our travels will bring us…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great!

We really enjoyed this campground. The sites were spacious, everything was clean and well kept. The staff was SO nice! It was also a gated entrance which was nice. We will definitely return.

SiteL
Doug G.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Camping on the water

I have been going here since I was a child. Every year I took my kids here for camping and boating. Very clean facilities and friendly people. Nothing like waking up to a view on the water!

• Rothrock Marina
  • The Dam
Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Bathrooms are Soo nice

Staff was wonderful and just a great campground

Dawn C.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Horrible

We had a terrible experience here. We were at tent site #29 but for only an hour...the "water hookup" was BROWN. The bathroom has no lights or sink... Our 16x16 tent didn't fit the "17x17" tent pad. We had bug spray on and had two ThermaCELLs running and we're literally eaten alive by mosquitoes.…

Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Quiet camping

Beautiful primitive campground (tent only). Get a site on the outside towards the water. They are spaced out and peaceful. Has restrooms (no shower), picnic table, and fire pit at each site. Short walk to creek and beautiful pond.

Sitewalk-in site
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Site 10

Primitive site in Michaux. Has a fire pit and that’s it, but FREE. You need to go online and get a permit. I’ve been to a lot of sites in this SF and this is one of my favorites. There’s actually three places to pitch a tent. One is right off the road, one is a little further down (where I stayed…

Sitesite 10
N
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Free Rustic Overnight in Michaux Site 15 - Raccoon Run

The Michaux State Forest has several FREE rustic campsites that can be reserved up to 7 consecutive nights.  We chose site 15 - Raccoon Run and loved it.  It was clean, well stocked with firewood and huge!  There was space for 4-6 tents and just as many hammocks.  There is a creek nearby for water…

• Part of the walk from the road to the site
Site15 - Raccoon Run
Jedediah P.
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Very Nice

Very nice campsite!! Some sites do have limited places for larger tents because of roots but pretty good place to camp.

Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Site 5 - Primitive

This is a primitive site so all that is there is a fire ring. Sites are free, but you must reserve them online and get a permit. Site is MASSIVE and there is a parking lot that can fit several cars. Stream right past the site that was flowing well in May. Close to lots of mountain biking trails

Sitesite 5 - saw mill
Megan B.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Campground mediocre, area nice

The campground is fine. Basic amenities and pretty small. But it has everything you need. The area is gorgeous and there are a ton of trails to check out.

Month of VisitDecember