The best DRIVE IN camping near
Jaars , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Jaars Camping Reviews
Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!

Great getaway

I have stayed here multiple times. I really love setting up on the water sites and having my kayak and fishing gear ready to go. The golf course is excellent and price friendly. Easy to get to nearby towns if one chooses to get to civilization.

Great hiking and awesome views.

Lots of trails to choose from. Beautiful views. Lots of history. Visit here often.

Bumpy to get around

Lots of sites could use some attention. Tangled tree roots, water ruts. Muddy when it rains. They don’t put gravel often. It gets jam packed on the weekend. Staff isn’t terribly friendly. Lots of big group tent campers. Lots to do in the area. Very friendly squirrels.

Pet & RV friendly

A fun place to take your travel trailer or RV for the weekend. Sites are large and plenty of space to spread out and enjoy with your pets. Campground store was well stocked with essentials including bundles of wood.

A great place to get away!

This is a great place for quiet, no frills camping. There are 7 camping areas, 5 of which have camping shelters. Sites 3 & 4 only have picnic tables and trash barrels. All sites except for site 7 are easily accessible with most vehicles. Site 7's entryway was washed out and had some large holes that would benefit from higher clearance and 4WD.

We stayed in site 1B and had no issue finding a spot by the water in our 22' travel trailer. Sites are well dispersed and we only saw a few other campers all weekend. We will definitely stay here again.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.

Charlotte Convienance

We were passing through for a trade show and picked the spot as it was 15 min from our event. Great place. Clean, well designed and maintained. The adjacent amusement park is closed due to Covid but i bet it is a blast to stay here when it is open. Wooded perimeter so you feel you are away from the city. Drawbacks: very few- we were invaded by ants but they came and went( could happen anywhere), the roads between the sites we a bit tight- it did not effect us as the park was not full but it could be a problem in peak season.

Not for the weak of heart

Took 3 boys camping here. The 1.5 mile hike to the campsite was very much an uphill climb. The primitive outhouse scared them. It was extremely seclusive. Went on up another .5 miles the following morning and looked out over the clouds. Quite a sight! It was an experience they won't forget!

Campground close to home

Nice campground close to home!! We’ve stayed here twice now and had a great time both times. Small campground but so nice!