The best WALK IN camping near
Columbia , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Columbia Camping Reviews
Feels like home

This campground was basically our summer home growing up! So many good memories! Had the opportunity to bring my husband and kiddos there and it was exactly like I remembered! ❤

FHU, 30/50amp and right on the beach!

Windy

This is a tough place. Big winds and lots of rain. Trucks on the beach everywhere.

Town to get fish a long way away.

Grilling tough in the wind.

Get long tent stakes.

Great Campsite Close to Beach

Spent 4 days here in our rooftop tent and really enjoyed ourselves. Warm outdoor showers are provided. The bathrooms are some of the cleanest I’ve seen. Campsites on the outer edges (odd numbers) are more spread apart. They also back up into dunes or brush which give you somewhat of a “woodsy” feel, which I appreciated. We had the beach access pass and drove on during the days to hang out which was great. Also, conveniently located to town so you don’t feel too far removed. Please note, they DO NOT allow wood burning fires, however they provide grills on each site for charcoal burning fires only. This app led us to believe they did allow campfires so it was a bummer to find out otherwise. Overall a good spot. Definitely worth a trip.

Road noise

This campground was nice. But the road noise was terrible. The first night we were in one of the sites right next to the road and there was traffic all night long. The second night we stayed at one of the sites over closer to the beach and it was a little better. FYI it is a longer walk than you think to the beach. We weren’t carrying any beach supplies but I can imagine with chairs, cooler etc. it could be qu a chore. The warm showers were awesome! Outside the noise the campsite was nice. Very convenient to a lot of things to see and do in the Outer Banks.

Humble quiet campground with lots of fun events!

We have have spent many weekends here over the last few years and love it! We attended their Super Bowl event there, the crawfish bowl and many more. The personal are wonderful and have 0 issues with our sites or anything else there.

Pros*

-Clean

-Military discount offered

-Pet friendly

-Seasonal and Non-Seasonal Spots

-Open all year round.

-Best campground around.

-Quiet location off Knotts Island.

-Ferry Available into Camden, NC (fits out bus and 37ft TT).

-Beach access with wonderful views.

Cons*

Found broken glass on the beach a few times. It was cleaned up and no issues since.

Very quiet spot in the woods

Very helpful and friendly owners that live just off the camp grounds if you need anything. I stayed in a spot nestled in the woods. Very quiet. Good spot for a night or two

Don’t consider going if your going to use a trolling motor

After seeing some of the pictures I decided to call them ask how bad all the algae and overgrowth was and was told it was pretty clear. That was not the case, if you don’t plan on paddling with a kayak or maybe a canoe don’t risk it. I was going to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and there are countless limbs and the overgrowth is terrible you will not make it through. Not the place to consider going if you want to camp out and fish

RVs Only / Strict & unwelcoming

Mostly full time RVs, in a tight knit, very small/super quiet community. Its an RV community (nice RVS only) not a campground. We felt like outsiders on our own site. Strict management, always watching you, it was really an unenjoyable stay. Our site was pretty on the pond, thats why im giving 2 stars. No fires allowed. No tents allowed, and don't touch the grass! They are watching. The management had a problem with our camp van. Really can't express enough how rude management was. VERY judgemental and controlling, and if you don't fit in, they let you know. I was googling other campgrounds in the area within 5 minutes of being there. (Outer banks Campground is where we are trying next)

Beauty in the Quiet

This was my first trip to Goose Creek State Park, but it certainly won’t be the last. We stayed in the new RV campground, and it couldn’t have been more perfect. Large sites, a fire pit, and because we were there off season — very few fellow campers!

The staff was super nice, the restrooms were very clean and quite new. The trails were well maintained and well marked. Some features were closed due to Covid restrictions (the swim beach for example), but it didn’t lessen the experience at all.

Second Visit Just As Good as the First

The lull of the ocean just over the dunes is the best reason to stay here. Very peaceful to fall asleep to. Definitely one of my favorite spots.