About Goose Creek State Park
Goose Creek State Park is located in North Carolina
15 Reviews of Goose Creek State Park
Definitely a campground to visit at least once!

If you have a chance, definitely check out Goose Creek State Park. My husband, son, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and myself stayed at the park this past weekend, and we had a wonderful time. We stayed at campsite 11, and we had plenty of room for our two tents, two vehicles, a pup, a toddler, and the supplied picnic table, fire pit, and additional charcoal grill. The one negative about spot 11 is there’s a hiking trail that run directly behind the campsite, so it feels like people are constantly walking through your campsite. Spots 1-10 were definitely a bit smaller, and spots 11-14 are larger. If we were to stay again, I believe we’d try to stay at site 13.

The fishing dock is quite small, but it was fun to fish from with a few people. Be sure to bring bug spray! The worst for me was the biting flies. There is one outhouse-type bathroom near the dock with a spigot and dumpster nearby. There are about 10 steps leading up to the one-person, non-flushing bathroom.

There’s a wood station at the campground that uses the honor system. It’s $5 per bundle. We visited the visitors center in the hopes that they would have live bait for sell, but they sell nothing of the sort (no ice, bait, fishing rods, etc). So bring everything you need other than wood!

Overall, I’d give the campground 4.5/5, and I certainly recommend it! Try to stay in sites 11-14 if possible.

Great little park!

The whole park is awesome! Just be prepared to see stinky, brown water lol Definitely suggest showering after visiting here (if you go swimming)

Great sites on the water

Great sites right on the water . Will need bug spray.

Favorite place to camp!

Absolutely love this campsite! It’s clean, quiet, and the views are hard to beat!

State Park with primitive camping

Great primitive camping, tent only. There are water spigots, no electricity, and very clean , non smelly vault toilets. There are several short hiking trails that I would rate easy. There is also a swimming area that is free. We did have a run in with fire ants at our campsite. Overall, clean and quiet.

Great private campsite

awesome!

What a gem in beautiful nature.

A friend and I spent a wonderful weekend with our dogs at Goose Creek State Park. We camped there for 2 nights and enjoyed every bit of it. The campground has no showers or hot water. It didn't bother us. The campsites are very private and spacious. We walked from the campground to the beach with no problems. There are also a lot of trails around to hike and explore. The only thing you need to be aware of are, the ticks, mosquito's and bugs. We definitely would camp there again.

Great place for a weekend

The camp sites are well maintained with a picnic table and fire pit area. Small gravel used on a dedicated tent area. We had a second larger tent on the site too. Bathroom near camp site. Wildlife walks right by, several deer on our trip. Took kayaks and paddle boards with us and put right in at the dock. Good places to explore around on the water. I had several 13 year olds for a birthday trip and they had fun. A separate beach area if you like for swimming. Ranger was very nice and kept a check periodically. Definitely recommend it for overnight or a few nights.

Great spot with lots of things to do

Our campsite was right on the Pamlico river. There was a great spot to watch the sunrise/sunset directly behind our campsite with benches. Also close to our campsite was a dock to fish off of or to launch a kayak. The campgound has really neat hiking trails and a swimming beach. The park ranger told us about a neat program at the park, where they will loan out fishing poles for free, they are great poles and we ended up catching over 20 fish!

Awesome weekend here. Camp sites were nice and Rangers easily accessible. Swim area was a little rough but the hiking trails and access to the river for kayaks and fishing was nice!